Any upcoming updates to calling by organization

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rmiguel

Any upcoming updates to calling by organization

Post by rmiguel »

I imagine this must be something that is being worked on, but I am wondering the CALLINGS BY ORGANIZATION page on the main site will be modified to reflect the changes in callings and overall layout.
For example in the Elders Quorum, the only overaching section (i believ they are refered to a classes) are Elders Quorum Presidency, Instructors, and Ministering.
Could they ad a section for Committes to be created?. A large number of EQ throughout the U.S. have been using and establishing committes for years, but i dont see it as an option for EQ in the callings section, conversly we dant have a way to put memebers of commitees or there chairs in the system unless we put them under the presidency. Committes such as missionary work, temple and family history, prospective elders, services etc that will become more cricual as the bishop focus more on the youth and the Elders quorum take on more of those responsibilties directly.

The Relief Society has extra sections already built in such as Compassionate Service , Music, and Meetings. Furthermore, there seems to not be a standarization in terms of names for each group, for example in Elders Quorum there is a section for Instructors and in relief society they have Teachers, but in the end they are the exact same thing. Speaking of relief society, they have similar problems, Most relief societies have Commitees for Welcoming new members, activities, temple work, Single adults ..etc, but there is not Commiitee section to add those so we are forced to add everyone that is in a committee to be un the RS General Presidency, maybe we can juts change Meetings to committees, since RS dont actually have "meetings" in the same way they used to (such as enrichment) and people are genrally not called for those types of things

Since the Young men changes just came about I wouldnt expect that to be changed until next year but I hope they will leave a section for Aaronic priesthood Advisors as those still may be called accorsing to Elder Quentin L Cook.
Also We will need to remove The Laurel, Mia maid and beehive sections, and make it so that we can either reduce or add as many section as we need so it can be customizable according to the needs of each ward.

Some of the things I mentioned above I know won't happen for some times, mostly the Youth I expect, but if there is a way to look into the timeline for the EQ and RS Callings, that would be really helpful, I many respects alot of these things should probably have already been in place, especially the committees.

[Moderator note: Attachments removed as they contained confidential information.]
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Any upcoming updates to calling by organization

Post by scgallafent »

We are aware of the youth changes and have been working on them. We were not asked to make the changes during conference, so you will see them happening over the next few weeks.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

This announcement went up on Leader and Clerk Resources today:
As recently announced, the Beehive, Mia Maid, and Laurel classes within the Young Women organization will be discontinued on 4 Nov 2019. After this date, all young women ages 12-18 will be merged into one class in Leader and Clerk Resources. Leaders can then create additional classes to meet local unit needs. Until this change occurs, leaders can view and print class presidencies as they currently exist to know who to release with a vote of thanks.
confuzedmale

Post by confuzedmale »

How do we create the "New" class designations and presidencies before they get discontinued on Nov 4? Anyone know how to create a Young Women 12-13 group within the Young Women Organizations? I can split the classes and distribute members but I can't rename the class to be "Young Women 12-13". Thanks
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

confuzedmale wrote:How do we create the "New" class designations and presidencies before they get discontinued on Nov 4? Anyone know how to create a Young Women 12-13 group within the Young Women Organizations? I can split the classes and distribute members but I can't rename the class to be "Young Women 12-13". Thanks
You don't do anything right now. Go ahead and get them sustained and functioning. Wait for the class reset on November 4 and you can record the changes once the Young Women organization has been updated for your ward.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”