Download of PDF letters failing

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
tim_ambrose

Download of PDF letters failing

Postby tim_ambrose » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:50 pm

The download of this PDF from the letter page in LCR

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/let ... nline=true

is corrupted.

The file apperently downloads but when an attempt to view it in Adobe Reader is made it says, "The file is damaged and cannot be repaired"

Also noticed that the download takes a long time - normally should just be a few seconds

This appears to be a problems for other letters that I try to download.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Download of PDF letters failing

Postby jdlessley » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:09 pm

I just tried that document and had no problem. When you tried there may have been a problem either with the church servers or any server along the transmission route to your computer. Try it again to see if you can get a good copy.

If you continue to get corrupt downloaded files then there is most likely a problem on your end. There are a number of reasons for this to happen and requires looking into all programs and systems involved in a download. If this problem just started then try to find out if anything has changed on your network or computer. Check to see if any new programs or applications have been installed. Check you security software for updates that may be causing conflicts with the operating system download manager or third party download manager or accelerator. Check to see if there is any malware on your computer.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

kd7mha

Postby kd7mha » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:17 pm

It appears that there is a problem with the system at the moment, I am unable to open any of the documents from the Official Communications Library.

strike that

I just tried in Incognito and it was working, must be those cookies again.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.

kd7mha

Postby kd7mha » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:20 pm

cleared cookies is working now for me
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”