publishing ministering assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
deannetanner

publishing ministering assignments

Post by deannetanner »

Is there a way to publish individual assignments, or must it be done as a whole batch?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: publishing ministering assignments

Post by jdlessley »

deannetanner wrote:Is there a way to publish individual assignments, or must it be done as a whole batch?
It depends on what you mean by publish. If you mean print for distribution then there is. When viewing the ministering assignments in the last column named Actions click the ellipsis (three dots) and click Print Single Copy.

If you mean distribute the assignments, then that is also a yes. Using the same overflow menu, ellipsis, just select either Send A Message or Send Assignment depending on what you want to accomplish. The Send A Message function will send an email that can be used to pass information about the assignment. The Send Assignment function will also send a message with the assignment(s) attached.

If there is any other definition of publish you were intending then we will need some clarification.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think he's asking the same question as this poster.

My understanding is that changes can be made in "Current Assignments" directly. That's probably the only way to move just one change from "Proposed" to "Current".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
deannetanner

Post by deannetanner »

russelhltn, Yes. That was my question. Thanks.
And thanks also to jdlessley for explaining tht part too. I didn't know the Send A Message a feature existed. That's helpful!
Heathermccreless

Post by Heathermccreless »

I have read the above posts. We have a new Ward. Some of the sisters have been contacted regarding their assignments while the other half have not been reached. Therefore we wanted to send some of the companionships to Current Assignments and wait on the rest. I believe what I want to do is not possible. Is it correct that I cannot send half of my Proposed Assignments to the Current Assignments list?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Heathermccreless wrote:I have read the above posts. We have a new Ward. Some of the sisters have been contacted regarding their assignments while the other half have not been reached. Therefore we wanted to send some of the companionships to Current Assignments and wait on the rest. I believe what I want to do is not possible. Is it correct that I cannot send half of my Proposed Assignments to the Current Assignments list?
I believe that is correct. Publishing the proposed assignments is an all or nothing thing as I understand. You cannot just publish some. You could remove the ones you don't want to publish, publish the remainder, then re-enter the ones you removed. It would be a bit tedious, but if you printed the reports before you did anything, you would have a list to go back to.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Heathermccreless wrote:Therefore we wanted to send some of the companionships to Current Assignments and wait on the rest.
That could be challenging. Assuming this is a change and not starting from scratch, this could result in some sisters having two ministering companionships (not allowed by the software) while others would have none.

While you could try to do it in stages as suggested, at some point I'd think you'd have to publish all of the companionships and continue trying to contact the remaining companionships. Perhaps publishing the change will spur them to make contact.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fentoncutlerhughes

Post by fentoncutlerhughes »

If you want to do changes one by one and have them show up on your Members' tools app, you should ditch the "Proposed" view and use the live version. You can make direct edits there and do it one by one.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”