Entering Ministering Couples

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
br1125

Entering Ministering Couples

Post by br1125 »

How can the EQ and RS both track ministering couples?

Example: Brother & Sister Smith are a ministering couple assigned to the Young Family. No other members minister to the Youngs. How should we enter the Smiths into the ministering app? Should we enter the Smiths as a couple in both the Elders and the Relief Society section?

Currently, we can create a couple in the RS section, but we can not create a ministering family in the RS section (we can add Sister Young, but not the Young family).

We are having trouble tracking couples. Right now we enter the couple and their assigned family under the Elders Quorum, but then our Relief Society has limited visibility into reporting.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Entering Ministering Couples

Post by russellhltn »

br1125 wrote:Should we enter the Smiths as a couple in both the Elders and the Relief Society section?
Yes.
br1125 wrote:Currently, we can create a couple in the RS section, but we can not create a ministering family in the RS section (we can add Sister Young, but not the Young family).
Correct. LCR supports the Handbook. I don't think you'll find the concept of "Ministering Family" in there. I think you'll have to be satified with entering them as a couple with the understanding that more are involved.

br1125 wrote:We are having trouble tracking couples. Right now we enter the couple and their assigned family under the Elders Quorum, but then our Relief Society has limited visibility into reporting.
The RS will have to add them as a couple on their side and track their own interviews. Even though they are a couple, there's nothing that makes them "shared" between EQ and RS in the system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cgseidl

Post by cgseidl »

I am an elders q. president und want to register a new ministring couple consisting of a couple. Why can I not integrate
a sister but get only brothers as proposal to choose? As the prophet sad, married coulples can from case to case be assigned
with ministring order.
I have asked this question 2 month ago in a questionaire which popped up and left my email adress but did not get an answer so far.
Why not?
I would be glad to get an answer.
Best regards
CS (cgseidl4@aol.com)
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

cgseidl wrote:...
I have asked this question 2 month ago in a questionaire which popped up and left my email adress but did not get an answer so far.
Why not?
Please be aware that this is a user-to-user discussion forum. This is not an official help request channel. There are no personnel assigned to go around and provide official answers to questions posted here. There's no guarantee anyone will see or read what is posted here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cgseidl wrote:I am an elders q. president und want to register a new ministring couple consisting of a couple. Why can I not integrate
a sister but get only brothers as proposal to choose?
It can be done, but it might be a little tricky.

I'd suggest reading this post where one person describes how he was able to do it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

That post russellhltn linked to addresses the order of adding the companions for the ministering couple. As an EQ presidency member adding a companionship you must enter the brother first. Only then can you add the sister. Additionally you will not have a list to select the brother's spouse from. Instead you must type in the last name. As you type the available companions will be displayed. If the family has an eligible Aaronic Priesthood holder then he will be included in the available companion names.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”