Quarterly Report 1st Quarter 2021

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Quarterly Report 1st Quarter 2021

Post by jdlessley »

Toron12 wrote:Im still having issues. I click edit but none of the fields open up.
dtaylor01 wrote:When we attempt to edit to submit data for the quarterly reports, the program will not allow changes. Tried three different browsers and had an IT guy assisting. No Joy
Please note the only section of the quarterly report you can directly edit the data is in the Convert Detail section. All other data lines that used to be manually edited are populated now by the data pulled in from the Sacrament Meeting Attendance report and the Class and Quorum Attendance Report. To get the lines in the Adults and Youth sections the attendance in the Class and Quorum Attendance report need to be completed/updated. Data in the Children section is provided from unit records and currently computed from unit historical and statistical data.

Server loads on Sundays are high and cause multiple issues with many church websites and pages. As an example: for the past hour there was a problem with the LCR server not being accessible and throwing a 505 error. When experiencing problems on Sunday try again later in the day or later in the week to accomplish tasks that are problematic on Sunday.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kelsonrichards

Post by kelsonrichards »

We have been having difficulty with submitting data for the quarterly report. It wont open the fields to enter in the information. Is there anything we can do to fix this?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

kelsonrichards wrote:We have been having difficulty with submitting data for the quarterly report. It wont open the fields to enter in the information. Is there anything we can do to fix this?
Please see the post just before yours which explains how you now get the information into the quarterly report. You cannot enter the numbers manually like you could before.
steele7

Post by steele7 »

Having similar issues with the Quarterly report as others have noted. Attendance entered in the new 'Class and Quorum Attendance' is still not getting updated to the Quarterly report for every class expect Primary. That said, Primary is having issue in that nothing is entered on the Class attendance report but on the Quarterly Report is it filled at 100%. I have also tried updating the 'Class and Quorum Attendance' report and updating attendance but again, nothing is getting updated to the Quarterly Report.

Should the Q report update immediately after updating the Class reports or does is it still taking time for it to catch up and update?

This is so much more work now for leaders to have to enter individual members attendance, particularly when the ward is large in number, like ours.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

steele7 wrote:Should the Q report update immediately after updating the Class reports or does is it still taking time for it to catch up and update?

This is so much more work now for leaders to have to enter individual members attendance, particularly when the ward is large in number, like ours.
I believe earlier in the thread, it was reported there is a delay. I made changes for EQ attendance yesterday afternoon (about 2:30 PM Central time) and I did not see the update in the quarterly report until this morning (but Sundays are always troublesome for the church servers).

I agree the data entry form is not as user-friendly as it could be, but I don't believe there is a substantial difference from marking a paper roll like we were supposed to be doing all along.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

steele7 wrote:Should the Q report update immediately after updating the Class reports or does is it still taking time for it to catch up and update?
According to scgallafent's post, there is a delay of 5 minutes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

For me it was much longer than 5 minutes, but I'm not concerned and it isn't a problem from my perspective. I think this moves class/quorum attendance reporting where it belongs: to the organization secretary.

The only "issue" is the organizations that don't have an adult secretary position to grant access and the youth don't have access. If I was a bishop in this situation, I would ask the youth secretaries to keep attendance on the paper roll and then turn them in to the clerk to record the data at the end of each month. But that is just my opinion...
steele7

Post by steele7 »

Sounds like there is some question still as to when the updates should load to the Q report once it has been added to the Class report. I tried over 3 hours ago now and still nothing has been updated and its not a Sunday. I will continue to check.

Does anyone know the reason how/why the Primary results are displaying incorrectly? As I noted, nothing in Class report has been added for any Primary class but on the Q report, it is showing as 100%. Still seems to me there are some bugs with this.

Another question - how are wards supposed to track attendance of members for classes that are still being done on Zoom? I know there is a list of people that join but in many instances, people join that display no name on Zoom. How are we supposed to account for these when we don't know who it is?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

steele7 wrote:Does anyone know the reason how/why the Primary results are displaying incorrectly? As I noted, nothing in Class report has been added for any Primary class but on the Q report, it is showing as 100%. Still seems to me there are some bugs with this.

Another question - how are wards supposed to track attendance of members for classes that are still being done on Zoom? I know there is a list of people that join but in many instances, people join that display no name on Zoom. How are we supposed to account for these when we don't know who it is?
Primary numbers are being calculated at HQ using some formula. There is nothing you can do about them other than accept them and report via the feedback link at the bottom of the page.

When we had our EQ Zoom class yesterday, I asked everyone to either list their full name, turn on their camera, or send me a note so I could record their attendance. Some did and some did not. I was able to figure out everyone from their name, their video, or their voice when they made comments. This has to be done by someone else in the class - I think it is too much workload to add to the instructor. I try to not get wrapped-around-the-axle if someone wants to remain incognito. We are hoping to return to in-person 2nd hr classes in our area soon which will make it a moot point.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

steele7 wrote:Having similar issues with the Quarterly report as others have noted. Attendance entered in the new 'Class and Quorum Attendance' is still not getting updated to the Quarterly report for every class expect Primary. That said, Primary is having issue in that nothing is entered on the Class attendance report but on the Quarterly Report is it filled at 100%. I have also tried updating the 'Class and Quorum Attendance' report and updating attendance but again, nothing is getting updated to the Quarterly Report.
For quarter 1, Primary attendance is being estimated for all units. After doing some analysis on the Primary attendance that had been recorded, the decision was made to estimate Primary attendance for all units. Please continue recording Primary attendance since we currently plan to use the unit data instead of estimating for the second quarter.
Should the Q report update immediately after updating the Class reports or does is it still taking time for it to catch up and update?
There is a built-in delay between when you record class attendance and when that makes it to the quarterly report. In normal circumstances, that should be about five minutes. That delay has been built-in by design for several reasons.
davesudweeks wrote:For me it was much longer than 5 minutes, but I'm not concerned and it isn't a problem from my perspective.
There were some LCR issues yesterday that resulted in some delays. The issues started around 12:30pm Mountain Time and things got back to normal just after 1:30pm. It took about 20 minutes to catch up with the backlog of updates. Based on your earlier message that you were making changes at 2:30pm Central Time, you were working right as things started coming back online, so your changes would have been in the pileup.
steele7 wrote:Sounds like there is some question still as to when the updates should load to the Q report once it has been added to the Class report. I tried over 3 hours ago now and still nothing has been updated and its not a Sunday. I will continue to check.
The definitive answer is above: There is a five-minute delay built into the system. The systems are not directly coupled, so that delay may be longer if there are issues communicating between the systems.
steele7 wrote:Does anyone know the reason how/why the Primary results are displaying incorrectly? As I noted, nothing in Class report has been added for any Primary class but on the Q report, it is showing as 100%. Still seems to me there are some bugs with this.
Primary is working correctly. See the information above.
davesudweeks wrote:Primary numbers are being calculated at HQ using some formula. There is nothing you can do about them other than accept them and report via the feedback link at the bottom of the page.
Don't report that Primary numbers are not updating and you think that they should be updating. I also wouldn't report that you have been meeting and you think that your actual numbers should be used instead of the estimates. That question was part of the discussion and it is not realistic for us to handle a scenario where we have to manage estimated Primary attendance for half of the Church and actual Primary attendance for the other half of the Church.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”