Second Relief Society Presidency in LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
iccabod33

Second Relief Society Presidency in LCR

Post by iccabod33 »

My ward just called a second relief society presidency for the first time. I have been told that there is a way to record the second presidency in LCR so that both presidencies have the same rights in LCR. Can someone share how this is done?
iccabod33

Re: Second Relief Society Presidency in LCR

Post by iccabod33 »

I found the answer. The trick is to go the the RS organization and click the edit pencil on the right and split the relief society.
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

You've just blown my mind that there are two relief society presidencies in one ward!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Wattsuk wrote:You've just blown my mind that there are two relief society presidencies in one ward!
Young Single Adult wards and large wards where the elders quorum may also have been divided are the most common places I think you will run into this.
jtjacks

Post by jtjacks »

When we lived in Hong Kong, one of our branches had seven relief society presidencies. The branch was almost exclusively sisters who work as domestic servants and who only get one day off a week, so whatever day off they had was their sabbath. As a result, we had a Monday president, a Tuesday president, etc., and there was a sacrament meeting every day of the week. As far as I know, this still continues.
r_vinoya

Post by r_vinoya »

After splitting presidency, how were you able to input leadership callings? In our case, we cannot input a name. Do i have to move members first?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

r_vinoya wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:05 am After splitting presidency, how were you able to input leadership callings? In our case, we cannot input a name. Do i have to move members first?
Yes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

r_vinoya wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:05 am Do i have to move members first?
Yes. The leadership must be members of the group before they can be recorded in LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”