LCR “Send a Message” application NOT sending to yahoo.com accounts

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LCR “Send a Message” application NOT sending to yahoo.com accounts

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:47 pmI would think that an ISP would be more interested in speaking to the Church than to potentially hundreds of thousands of email accounts, one at a time.
Entities they have no relationship with are ignorable. A number of users, they need to pay attention to. It wouldn't hurt to have them hear from both.

Complaining to your service provider is something that's in your power to do. As far as asking the church to talk to them ... that's a bit out of the forums' control. My default advise here is to go with what's under your control.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Ddavis123

Post by Ddavis123 »

I am also having the same issue where messages to yahoo.com and aol.com email addresses get rejected. Is this a new issue? It is the first time I am getting the rejection notice, and members have never commented about never getting emails.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

To summarize, this is a serious technology problem the Church has and you feel it is at least partially up to the members to get it corrected. All right, let's go with your premise.

Many leaders who have the ability to use the send a message system are unaware of the problem as it is not immediately obvious, unlike other church web or member app situations. So how can they let their members know to complain to yahoo/aol if the leaders are uninformed? The number of users complaining as you suggest would surely increase if they were informed via their leaders of the problem and of the need to have the members contact their ISP.

The lack of communication to leaders here is part of the problem, and that is something the Church can easily correct, and hopefully ASAP.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

I just spoke to the Global Service Center and gave them my feedback about at least letting people know about the problem. They are aware of the issue and have been receiving a lot of phone calls about it.
emilysherinian

Post by emilysherinian »

Thanks for that, Gary. This is really inconvenient!
sportsmvp

Post by sportsmvp »

I have had the same issue, 30 rejected - all either Yahoo! or aol. I tried twice from the 'send a message' on the LDS site, but then tried to send a bulk email from my personal email to those 30. All of the Yahoo! emails were rejected.
Last edited by sportsmvp on Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsward0120

Post by jsward0120 »

I use a yahoo.com account, have for years. This issue just began in the last week. I was receiving emails from the church system up to the 13th of August. I've tried reaching out to the Yahoo and they require payment to actually speak to someone otherwise you have to use their automated services. I've tried whitelisting the church's email domain, but that hasn't worked. This is something will need to be addressed by the church with the individual companies.

Based on some of the most recent comments, it sounds like the church is aware of the issue and is probably working on it.
tjasonhill

Post by tjasonhill »

I just had the same issue... Sent an email to the entire ward, noticed the yahoo/aol pattern. I cross checked against the ward list. Without exception, all US based yahoo/aol addresses did not go through. There was one yahoo France and one aol UK address, and they both went through. AOL and Yahoo are both owned by Verizon Media currently, but it is being sold off to Apollo Global Management. I wondered if maybe the sale went through and something was changed, but I can't find anything in the news. (mandatory disclosure, I work for Verizon, not that division though).
iltravio

Post by iltravio »

Another data point: No previous issues sending emails to all adults in the stake. Today, all 213 stake members with @yahoo, @ymail, or @aol addresses bounced back undeliverable. All other Stake members received the message.

I used an Excel formula to collect the undeliverable email addresses on the LCR confirmation email, and then resent the message blind copied to all 213 “Yahoo members” from my personal Gmail account. Most went through, but 36 still bounced back as undeliverable “because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.” Again, this is new behavior that has not occurred prior to this week.
drcameron

Post by drcameron »

I am encountering the same problem with all aol and yahoo accounts. Even trying to send an email to just one individual with a yahoo or aol account results in the message "The recipients below were rejected by the server. Please verify their email addresses." Looking forward to a resolution.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”