CDOL 2.4.1 Release

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

ryan jones wrote:This is a known issue, we had 2 new servers added to CDOL and they are having issues with seeing the maps. When you login look down at the footer and you can see which server you are on. chqpvuu4108 and chqpvuu4109 are the new ones. chqpvuu4132 and chqpvuu4133 are the old ones and viewing the maps should work fine there.
The server that I'm seeing is:
Version 2.4.1-rev.9830, db:20100413164507, chqpvuu4109
which is one of the two newer servers. I didn't see any way of choosing which server I get aside from repeated logons.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Techgy wrote:The server that I'm seeing is:
Version 2.4.1-rev.9830, db:20100413164507, chqpvuu4109
which is one of the two newer servers. I didn't see any way of choosing which server I get aside from repeated logons.
Unfortunately there isn't any way to choose.
This issue is being worked on, but for now you will have to close your browser and try again until you get one of the older servers.
PartridgeRM
Community Moderators

Post by PartridgeRM »

One of the principle reasons ward/branch clerks and leaders have not had access to the maps previously is that in the majority of units, ward/branch detail maps were not available. The Mapping division at Church headquarters has a standard process to produce pdf maps of stakes and districts. However, since there are over 20,000 wards and nearly 8,000 branches, the Mapping division does not have enough resources to maintain pdf maps for wards and branches.

The good news is that relief is coming via LDSMaps.org. Their current beta version will provide authorized users access to view their maps boundaries and it also shows the households within those boundaries.
mprusse

CDOL now checking browser compatibility?

Post by mprusse »

I'm curious to know why CDOL is now checking browser compatibility upon launch. The Missionary Online Recommendation System has also been doing this for years and now I get a message on both sites stating I'm using an incompatible browser (Safari).

I find it hard to believe that these sites can't be made to be compatible with all browsers as millions of other sites don't seem to have multi-browswer compatibility issues. Is this something that is temporary I hope?

Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

macsense wrote:I'm curious to know why CDOL is now checking browser compatibility upon launch. The Missionary Online Recommendation System has also been doing this for years and now I get a message on both sites stating I'm using an incompatible browser (Safari).

I find it hard to believe that these sites can't be made to be compatible with all browsers as millions of other sites don't seem to have multi-browswer compatibility issues. Is this something that is temporary I hope?

Thank you.
Another one? My browser is incompatible, too. Firefox 3.5. The popup says I need to be using 2.x or later. I guess 3.5 does not qualify.

When the popup began at the Missionary Online Recommendation System, I sent a query to them. They responded that it was just an informational thing and that they did not have time to test a whole lot of browsers. If the browser worked, I should continue to use it. If it did not, I should use another more standard browser.

I do not think they really understood the nuisance they are causing with this.

At the very least, they ought to program the page so that a simple enter would kill the box, instead of triggering the underlying page and a nasty note that the login or password (not) entered was incorrect.

My last think is that the people who program these things do not have to use them. It may be well-intentioned. It is still a nuisance.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ryan jones wrote:This is a known issue, we had 2 new servers added to CDOL and they are having issues with seeing the maps. When you login look down at the footer and you can see which server you are on. chqpvuu4108 and chqpvuu4109 are the new ones. chqpvuu4132 and chqpvuu4133 are the old ones and viewing the maps should work fine there.
This issue has been resolved. All the servers can now access the maps.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

ryan jones wrote:This issue has been resolved. All the servers can now access the maps.
Ryan,

Thanks for the update and your efforts. It's appreciated.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Doesn't CDOL list more than the bishop in a ward? I have just logged in for the first time and that is all I am finding. Is there another level of access or another link?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Doesn't CDOL list more than the bishop in a ward? I have just logged in for the first time and that is all I am finding. Is there another level of access or another link?
Depending on your calling, you may well see a "Show All Positions" link right by the POSITIONS heading. Clicking on that will show all the positions in the ward, grouped by organization. Standard callings are in black, custom callings are in orange. But for some people, the Show All Positions link will not be visible. And if you browse to a stake other than your own, you'll never see the Show All Positions link.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Alan_Brown wrote:
zaneclark wrote:Doesn't CDOL list more than the bishop in a ward? I have just logged in for the first time and that is all I am finding. Is there another level of access or another link?
Depending on your calling, you may well see a "Show All Positions" link right by the POSITIONS heading. Clicking on that will show all the positions in the ward, grouped by organization. Standard callings are in black, custom callings are in orange. But for some people, the Show All Positions link will not be visible. And if you browse to a stake other than your own, you'll never see the Show All Positions link.
All the callings that have rights to CDOL (see here) have rights to see "Show All Positions" within their Stake/District.

That being said someone recently gave some rights to Ward Assistant Clerk - Membership and didn't give them all the rights of other callings. I need to find out if they should have rights (I would be in favor of it) and if so confirm that they should match the other ward level rights.

zaneclark - since you are a membership clerk that is why you don't see any additional callings in your ward.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”