Callings wrong after deleting RS organization

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
stanmoore1

Callings wrong after deleting RS organization

Post by stanmoore1 »

I am an assistant ward clerk over membership in a YSA ward. We used to have two Relief Societies, but our boundaries recently changed, so we combined them into a single Relief Society. Everything is correct and working in MLS, but the Callings by Organization section in the Leader and Clerk Resources still has all of the old callings and still has two Relief Societies. Several of these member's records have even been moved out of our ward, but they still show up in this section. The leadership information for the online directory on lds.org is also wrong. How do we get rid of these callings? Like I said, none of this shows up in MLS--everything is correct there, and this has been a problem for over a month, even after several send/receive changes from MLS.

Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

To me, this seems like a bug that could be fixed instead of using a workaround....

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stanmoore1 wrote:To me, this seems like a bug that could be fixed instead of using a workaround....

That may well be, so it would be good for you to report the problem to Local Unit Support. But the workaround is something you can do now, but a bug fix could be several months away.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How long have you waited? It could take 3 days or so before the changes are reflected there.

As Alan points out, any bug fixes is likely months away.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

stanmoore1 wrote:To me, this seems like a bug that could be fixed instead of using a workaround....

Thanks
It is a bug in MLS. I reported it a while ago. I believe it is scheduled to be fixed.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Once again this forum is invaluable, thanks! We changed our young men's presidency a month ago but the change never showed up in CDOL. So we followed the instructions to edit them again and do another send and they are now there, but so are the old ones.

According to the instructions mentioned above we should request a unit refresh and the duplicates should come down so we can remove them and resend. But my understanding is that we shouldn't do a refresh these days unless absolutely necessary as they are still working out some bugs on the financial side.

So I plan to just call CDOL or local unit support tomorrow, but what do you recommend?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

craiggsmith wrote:According to the instructions mentioned above we should request a unit refresh and the duplicates should come down so we can remove them and resend. But my understanding is that we shouldn't do a refresh these days unless absolutely necessary as they are still working out some bugs on the financial side.
I am not challenging this understanding, but I have not heard of anything that would affect MLS financial. A unit data refresh only affects MLS membership records; countries, states, and provinces; the temple list; or the language list - depending on which are checked. Financial data is updated and refreshed on every send/receive when any financial data changes either in MLS or at CHQ.

I recommend following the procedures in Correcting duplicate or missing callings.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

In order to fix the problems with our callings, it was necessary to Refresh Membership Unit Data a few times, which didn't cause any problems for us.

As we were trying to get rid of an entire RS organization, it was necessary to Refresh Membership Unit Data, delete all the callings out of the organization in MLS, Send/Receive changes, and then and only then delete the entire organization out of MLS, and Send/Receive changes again. Otherwise, it was impossible to get rid of the old callings.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

OK, thanks, I didn't realize that option just refreshed the membership data. So I went to refresh, and it only gives options to refresh the ward data. Do I need to refresh everything, or will it refresh the stake callings if I just refresh a single ward? Or maybe just the lists? Or do I not check any of the options?
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”