I realize that this particular idea has been pushed for integration into LUWS... I'm wondering if some other ideas presented elsewhere on this forum could be implemented into the same idea? Such as the ward boundaries maps discussed in the [thread=37]Meetinghouse Locator thread[/thread] or the ideas to help with boundary realignments suggested by thegordo earlier in this thread?
It would be nice to see an integrated solution instead of piece-meal features when it comes to geographically-based data. Whatever GIS system the Church uses internally to map ward boundaries would be nice to link to the membership data, meetinghouse locator, facilities management so users in all areas of the Church and out can make meaningful decisions based on geography.
Some uses I can forsee:
- Granular view of members
- PH quorum president to see a map of my quorum members
- Primary teacher to see a map of the class members
- Individual HT/VT routes (where do my families live?)
- Unit boundary realignment (PH distribution, building distribution)
- PH/RS Assignment planning
- Plot fast-offering routes that are efficient with route directions (which I did manually when I was DQP a decade or more ago)
- HT/VT districts, companionships, families
- Statistical views
- Missionary referrals
- Convert baptisms
- Facilities Management
- Membership distribution to help plan new building sites
Whatever happens, the possibilities are cool and amazing!