Privacy settings in Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
davesudweeks

Re: Privacy settings in Tools

Postby davesudweeks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:56 pm

lajackson wrote:Those who have set their information to private are showing up in orange now in Member Tools on my phone.

They have been showing that way for some time for me (Android device). However, I have not seen any unusual behavior - the small number are either the same ones who have always requested no contact when contacted or are a couple of recent developments with individuals where I'm aware of the reason for the change.

sdeery

Postby sdeery » Mon May 03, 2021 11:04 am

I'm having the same problem as broalexander. I am a Stake Executive Secretary and normally can see all kinds of information but it currently allows me to see almost no one outside my ward. Any ideas?

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Mon May 03, 2021 11:09 am

sdeery wrote:I'm having the same problem as broalexander. I am a Stake Executive Secretary and normally can see all kinds of information but it currently allows me to see almost no one outside my ward. Any ideas?

Only the leaders in a unit with membership edit permissions can change a member's privacy settings in Member Tools. Stake leaders do not have access to make changes in Member Tools. And since Member Tools is the only place a leader can make changes to member privacy settings then stake leaders can only view privacy settings in the Ward Directory and Map app online. I do not know whether or not a stake leader can view privacy settings in Member Tools, but if they can they cannot edit those settings.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon May 03, 2021 12:26 pm

sdeery wrote:I'm having the same problem as broalexander. I am a Stake Executive Secretary and normally can see all kinds of information but it currently allows me to see almost no one outside my ward. Any ideas?

You might want to contact support and see if that's by design or a bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

sethd

Postby sethd » Sun May 09, 2021 7:42 pm

I have also seen members' contact information spontaneously marked as private without the member having any idea how that happened. I don't believe they somehow changed it by accident. I suspect that there is a bug in the system that is causing unexpected behavior.

Return to “Member Tools”