Lds tools won't let me sign in

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
KLR650

Re: Lds tools won't let me sign in

Post by KLR650 »

Same thing here. Will not Sync. Says"WARNING - LDS.org is currently down for maintenance. Please try again later" 3 days now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

KLR650 wrote:Same thing here. Will not Sync. Says"WARNING - LDS.org is currently down for maintenance. Please try again later" 3 days now.
What version of iOS? What version of Tools?

Did you read the post just before yours?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mendysmob7

Post by mendysmob7 »

I have the same problem. LDS Tools that I have been using for several years quit syncing. It says LDS.org is down for maintenance. Several months now. I uninstalled the app and reloaded it and get the same message.

Note: when downloading it said that the latest app is not compatible with my phone and wanted to know if I wanted to download the latest version compatible with my phone. I choose yes.

It loads the app and lets me sign in but will not sync... gets the system down for maintenance message. Did someone forget to put it back online?? IT works from my desktop and my Android device.

I am an Iphone 5 running IOS 10.3.3
LDS Tools version 3.5.3 (6417)

Please help!!

[phone number removed - this is a public forum]
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed phone number
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mendysmob7 wrote:Please help!!
You won't have access until you update your phone. There's nothing anyone can do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mendysmob7

Post by mendysmob7 »

There's nothing anyone can do?
Why not undo what you just did to break it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mendysmob7 wrote:Why not undo what you just did to break it?
It's not a bug. In the case of Android, the protocols its supports is no longer considered secure. So the church has moved on to protocols that are secure, but Android 4.4 and before doesn't support them.

I'm not sure what the story is with Apple, but they put restrictions on updating apps such that the old unsupported OS gets left out in the cold.

Either way, there's no going back.

rjm47

Post by rjm47 »

Member tools is not available on fire 7! Why not update the app so it will work????
wwoodford

Post by wwoodford »

You would need to convince Amazon to update their operating system to comply with current standards for operating system security protocols. Since it is my data that is exposed by the security holes in legacy operating systems I am all in favor of the developers refusing to support older operating systems.
alliehed7

Post by alliehed7 »

I have the correct username and password but have tried repeated times to log in to lds tools. No luck. What do I do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

alliehed7 wrote:I have the correct username and password but have tried repeated times to log in to lds tools. No luck. What do I do?
I'd first make sure you're running a current version of Tools. If it says "LDS", it's old. The correct name is "Member Tools".

Return to “Member Tools”