Deacons Quorum Membership Visibility for Advisors

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Deacons Quorum Membership Visibility for Advisors

Postby scgallafent » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:35 pm

colbyj wrote:Advisors not having the ability to view the actual membership of the quorums/classes they are to advise is not helpful at all. Who are we kidding?

Have you actually had one of the advisers check? (Hint: I know the answer and the fact you're asking the question tells me that they haven't.)

johnshaw

Postby johnshaw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:42 pm

scgallafent wrote:
colbyj wrote:Advisors not having the ability to view the actual membership of the quorums/classes they are to advise is not helpful at all. Who are we kidding?

Have you actually had one of the advisers check? (Hint: I know the answer and the fact you're asking the question tells me that they haven't.)

So not fair, when did this change? I now have access to LCR and can see all this data.

However, the online Directory and Maps still does not show it and still has the cute little note on the side saying to contact your secretary or clerk.
Also, Tools does not show it either.

In Tools I've chosen to create a LIST of all the boys, it's at least a list for now, but GREAT NEWS! about access to LCR.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

housleym

Postby housleym » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:35 pm

I am Deacon’s quorum advisor. Since the start of the year I am unable to access a quorum member list on the Tools directory on my phone. I am able to access it when logged into the church’s website. Can you please fix this glitch in the Tools app directory for iOS phones? Thanks!

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby scgallafent » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:01 am

housleym wrote:I am Deacon’s quorum advisor. Since the start of the year I am unable to access a quorum member list on the Tools directory on my phone. I am able to access it when logged into the church’s website. Can you please fix this glitch in the Tools app directory for iOS phones? Thanks!

You have access in LCR. Other tools (Directory, Tools) have not been changed yet. I don't know the time frame for those changes.

johnshaw

Postby johnshaw » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:49 pm

The beta version of tools for Android returns the list of AP quorum members, and YW classes also
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”

― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

gigco

Postby gigco » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:46 am

Is an iOS version in the works to fix this visibility issue as well?

trorchard

Postby trorchard » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:41 am

This is an ongoing concern. Are there any plans to fix this? now without a YM Presidency the advisors have to go to the Bishopric to gain access to even see a list of quorum members. This is untenable to also require the printing of lists and such to rest on the Bishopric.

rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Postby rmrichesjr » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:57 am

trorchard wrote:This is an ongoing concern. Are there any plans to fix this? now without a YM Presidency the advisors have to go to the Bishopric to gain access to even see a list of quorum members. This is untenable to also require the printing of lists and such to rest on the Bishopric.

According to a post from February 5,
scgallafent wrote:You have access in LCR. Other tools (Directory, Tools) have not been changed yet. I don't know the time frame for those changes.

In LCR, Reports -> Access Table says AP quorum advisors have access to Reports -> Member List, where you should be able to select Priests/Teachers/Deacons Quorum.

Return to “Member Tools”