New Member List

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
ClarkHall

New Member List

Post by ClarkHall »

In my prior calling as Ward Mission Leader there was a New Member list that showed the new members that had moved into the Ward. Why can’t that report be shown to all members? That would be helpful to minister to members that have moved into a ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Member List

Post by russellhltn »

clarkhall wrote:Why can’t that report be shown to all members?
Keep in mind that the church has to work with the various privacy laws in different countries. In some places, such as a the UK, the members can't even see other members unless they've changed their default privacy settings to "opt in".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

We both know that is a lame excuse.
If that is the case why can I see the entire ward directory? The new members are listed there. There is just no to see the names in a separate list.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

clarkhall wrote:In my prior calling as Ward Mission Leader there was a New Member list that showed the new members that had moved into the Ward. Why can’t that report be shown to all members?
The priesthood department sets the business rules for accessibility. We can only speculate as to why the report has limited access. The only three things that enter into my speculation is the presence of three pieces of information that is not found anywhere else except in individual membership records. Those items are the prior unit, an annotation whether a record may have come from the address previously unknown set of records, and when the membership record moved into the unit. If there is any sensitivity about releasing that information without the member's specific approval may have bearing on the accessibility of the report.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”