Page 2 of 3

LDS Tools No Longer Works

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:18 pm
by burgonb
I can not see or manage photos in our ward. all we get is the spinning icon. is photos not working for all ward?

Re: LDS Tools No Longer Works

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:44 pm
by russellhltn
burgonb wrote:I can not see or manage photos in our ward. all we get is the spinning icon. is photos not working for all ward?

Your post has been merged with an existing thread. Yes, others are experiencing problems as well.

Re: Uploading photos

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:27 am
by bgoodrich
I have been struggling with this same issue for weeks. I hope that by posting here I will be able to follow the issue. If anyone finds a solution or hears more from the tech department, please comment.

Re: Uploading photos

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:08 am
by rmrichesjr
bgoodrich wrote:I have been struggling with this same issue for weeks. I hope that by posting here I will be able to follow the issue. If anyone finds a solution or hears more from the tech department, please comment.


Posting to subscribe to a topic works. When things are working correctly, you should also be able to subscribe to a topic without posting by clicking on the icon that looks like a mechanic's wrench near the bottom of the page. Clicking on that icon should bring up a short menu that has a checkbox to subscribe to the topic.

Re: Uploading photos

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:56 am
by swheelwright
Does anyone know if this is being worked on by the tech department?

Re: Uploading photos

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:18 am
by chriswoodut
Grrr.

Re: Uploading photos

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:39 am
by jdlessley
swheelwright wrote:Does anyone know if this is being worked on by the tech department?

According to a response to my feedback the ICS department is aware and working the issue. However, if you have not submitted feedback using the feedback link at the bottom of the page on the affected web page or the in-app feedback link (Help > Contact Us for Android) for Member Tools then please do so. This will give them some idea of the scope of the problem.

Re: Uploading photos

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:56 pm
by garyoranzabriskie
Our members are not able to upload their own photos using the member Tools app. i am able to as ward clerk. Are the technicians aware of a current problem?

Re: Uploading photos

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:12 pm
by russellhltn
garyoranzabriskie wrote:Our members are not able to upload their own photos using the member Tools app. i am able to as ward clerk. Are the technicians aware of a current problem?

As an STS, I doubt if I have special rights in Tools. I seem to be able to upload a photo, but the trick is not obvious. You have to touch where the image would go and then select the camera icon. I don't have that icon on other people's profiles. This is also on Android. I'm not sure how iOS would work.

There may also be restrictions on children of the household updating their profile - even if they're adults.

Re: Uploading photos

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:16 pm
by jamesivie
Same problem here, on iOS: "Photo upload failed. Please try again later." I've been trying for 4 days now. Still broken.