Member Tools bug

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
anitag

Member Tools bug

Post by anitag »

I'm not sure how to get this information to the "powers that be", but there seems to be a bug in the Member Tools application...

Last night, there was an Amber Alert that was sent out to probably all cell phones in Utah which have the alert enabled. The only information in the alert was to call 511 for the information.

I dialed 511 and my call went to someone in the 7th ward of our stake, who has a phone number that included the numbers of 511. While it was dialing, the description came up as 7th Ward, and his name. I hung up and finally on the third try, let it ring through to him. We both agreed it was odd. I dialed 511 again after we hung up and it went to someone in the 4th ward, who also has 511 in her phone number (so of course I hung up before it could ring through).

I have never called either of these people, so they aren't in any phone history whatsoever.

I just tried calling parts of my ministering sister partner's phone number in three different ways, and each time upon hitting dial with just three numbers, my phone called three different people in the 1st ward (again, I hung up after seeing the ward number and name).

I'm concerned that this is happening - is there some way to get this information to the right people?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Member Tools bug

Post by rmrichesjr »

anitag wrote:I'm not sure how to get this information to the "powers that be", but there seems to be a bug in the Member Tools application...
The 'Feedback' button or link is the best place to send bug reports to the people who can investigate and possibly fix the problems. In the app, the name might be something similar to but not exactly equal to 'Feedback'.
anitag

Post by anitag »

I tired that, but kept getting the 404 Error, page not found...
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

I'm pretty well acquainted with that error code, having seen it as a result of bugs in code I have written for my employer. :-/ It's pretty odd that the app would be returning that error. That sounds like a separate problem that should probably also be reported. Someone might come along with a better suggestion, but my best suggestion would be to use the Feedback link or button on the Church's main website--and mention that the reason you're not using the app's built-in feedback mechanism is because of the 404 not found error.
anitag

Post by anitag »

I get the "404 This page could not be found" on both the app and the website. When I click on "Contact Us" under "Help" on the app, it just takes me to a "Share with" page, where I can pull up WhatsApp, my emal, and Save to Drive. So that's not any help either...

That's why I was hoping someone on the forum panel would know how to contact the tech's who are working on the app itself... ☺
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

anitag wrote:When I click on "Contact Us" under "Help" on the app, it just takes me to a "Share with" page, where I can pull up WhatsApp, my emal, and Save to Drive. So that's not any help either...
That's what it's supposed to do. Select your email and it will open your email app up with an email addressed to the support address and with an attachment containing information on your device and Member Tools installation. Enter your message about what it going on and then send the email.

That should get to the developers of the app.
anitag

Post by anitag »

Perfect - thank you!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator Note: This thread was split from another thread since the topics are different.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
anitag

Post by anitag »

Yes - I had opened up Whatsapp, but it didn't look like it was linked to anything, so figured I was missing something. When eblood66 suggested clicking on the email, it worked and I was able to send an email to support explaining the problem. So hopefully, the problem will be corrected...

Thank for all of the help!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What kind of phone do you have? Does it have some sort of autocomplete where a list of possible contacts appears, and unless you choose otherwise, it automatically dials the first one on the list?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Member Tools”