Member Tools - Calandar

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
smcase

Member Tools - Calandar

Post by smcase »

When I look on the Members Tools calendar it does not show everything, for example on a Sunday there are 6 events, when I sign into my account it shows the 6 events but on the Tools app it only shows 3. Is there a way to fix this or is that all that is allowed. Also its not like it took the first 3 events, they were random.
davesudweeks

Re: Member Tools - Calandar

Post by davesudweeks »

I am not an expert on the calendar, but a couple of possibilities come to mind:
1. If the other 3 events are for other units you share the building with, you will not see them on Member Tools. Member Tools only shows calendar items for your ward/branch (if I understand correctly).
2. Are you subscribed to the calendars for the other 3 events? I think only calendars you are subscribed to will show in Member Tools. For example, you must be subscribed to the Primary calendar in order to see a primary event in Member Tools, even though you can see the event on the online calendar at churchofjesuschrist.org.

I'm sure if I am not precise in my answer, someone will correct me. But these are a couple of things you could check to try to determine why you only see 3 of 6 events in your example.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If your goal is to see if the building is in use, you can't do that in Member Tools. The only authoritative calendar for building activity is the location calendar. And that's only visable on churchofjesuschrist.org.

If you're referring to a ward or stake calendar, then there's a couple of things to check. First is to see what calendar you've selected on churchofjesuschrist.org. I believe that will determine what calendars get pushed to Member Tools. Of course, you'll have to do a sync if you've made any selection changes.

Then, in Member Tools. there's a filter in there as well. Go into the calendar, click on the three dot menu, then "Calendars to display".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Member Tools has to be synced manually. Have you synced recently?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
smcase

Post by smcase »

Thank you for the feedback, i have checked each of those things time and again. I still don't understand why i see more on the calendar versus the tools, especially when I have check to have all different calendars.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

smcase wrote:Thank you for the feedback, i have checked each of those things time and again. I still don't understand why i see more on the calendar versus the tools, especially when I have check to have all different calendars.
You need to figure out where those events are coming from on the web page. Turn off the location calendars and see if the web now matches Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”