Member Tools - PIN reset

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Member Tools - PIN reset

Postby jdlessley » Mon May 25, 2020 7:26 pm

On what operating system is your Member Tools installed? If Android then see this post in the Resetting PIN in lds tools? thread
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

Pasketd

Postby Pasketd » Mon May 25, 2020 7:53 pm

The only difference between my experience and yours is that at the end I had reset the tools pin and it no longer used the device pin that as we have learned was dropped with the update and it used the phone unlock pin.
Like you I want to have the various apps use their own security. Hope they get this figured out before the next major revision.

klricks

Re: Member Tools - PIN / PASSWORD reset

Postby klricks » Mon May 25, 2020 9:21 pm

warrend21648 wrote:After updating my Tools app, it asked for my password. I tried my Church site login password -- didn't work. I tried my Tools pin as a password -- didn't work. I tried uninstalling Tools and then reinstalling Tools -- that didn't work. It seems the new download lost the previous pin # and acted as though it had no pin/password and instead substituted the password for my phone. Not cool. I logged in and set up a pin for tools. Now it gives me an option to log in with any of the ways I login to my phone. Still not cool. I want the passwords separate and different. If I loose my phone and someone cracks the security on it I don't want them to have access to Church information. DO YOU?
I have MT version 4.0.3 (Android)

After the update the app PIN will be lost. MT will then revert to using device PIN at startup.
Then if you go to MT settings and enter a new app PIN, MT will from then on use the app pin.

If you have fingerprint enabled on device then MT will automatically assume you want to use that. There does not seem to be a way to disable fingerprint in the MT app, but I like to use fingerprint so it does not bother me. At the bottom of the fingerprint popup there is a use PIN link. As I said above that will be the app PIN if you have saved an app PIN otherwise it will be the device PIN.
Assistant Ward Clerk

teresaschlutsmeyer

Postby teresaschlutsmeyer » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:28 pm

This is the most frustrating app on the planet! I have untinstalled it twice for days at a time and it is still requiring a pin - my iphone doesn't have a pin to get into it so I can't try that and it will not let me create one or reset it or anything. My friend gave me a newer iphone (all of my other devices are too old aparently) so that I could have access to member tools - and it still doesn't work.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:42 pm

teresaschlutsmeyer wrote:my iphone doesn't have a pin to get into it so I can't try that and it will not let me create one or reset it or anything.
I'd suggest putting a pin on your phone. Since the application has the personal information of a large number of church members, it may require some level of security.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:40 pm

If it's a newer iPhone, after setting up a pin, you may be able to set it up with Face ID or Touch ID so you don't have to type your pin every time.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

redsapphire

Postby redsapphire » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:26 pm

Yes, that works for me. However, every time it crashes (and it will crash again in a few months) I have to remember to do that.

Pavecowboy

Postby Pavecowboy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:33 pm

What is the latest Member Tools version for android?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:41 pm

According to Google Play Store, 4.1.0-(101452.5)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

jeremynwest

Postby jeremynwest » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:18 am

Does anyone know if the latest Member Tools update on iOS has fixed the issue (v4.1.1)?
Have the best of days!

Warm regards,
Jeremy West
jeremynwest

“Unusual times bring unusual rewards.” -President Russell M. Nelson (Saturday Evening session of the October 2020 General Conference)

Return to “Member Tools”