Member Tools account corruption and ZERO help from "support"

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
robisonb

Member Tools account corruption and ZERO help from "support"

Post by robisonb »

I'm the executive secretary in my branch, which means I should have access to a lot of information in the app.

about 3 weeks ago I updated, and since then, all sorts of problems exist. These are the most glaring:
1. I can only see the recommend status for my family. If this were a true privacy change, I would think my wife would also be able to see that, but she can't. In Unit Statistics, I can see the list of endowed members w/ a recommend as well as endowed w/o a recommend.
2. The membership info tab is missing for all but my family
3. Per the Members w/ Callings report, no one in the branch has ever been set apart, except for my family.
4. Though I still have access to some sensitive info (like the endowed w/o a recommend list), I'm not required to use a PIN

My wife has the same phone, same version of Tools, and is an RS counselor. When she logged onto Tools on my phone, she was able to see all the reports & info she needed. When I logged in to Tools on her Phone, I had the exact problem as I do on my phone. Just to be safe, I've checked with other executive secretaries and they have access to things that I can not see, or can only partially see. This is why I think it's an account issue as opposed to a phone or app issue (Android BTW).

I've emailed support twice about this. The first time I got a canned response about the privacy policy (can I tell you how frustrating it is to see right off the bat that the "support" staff doesn't even care about providing support?). The second time I got an acknowledgment that there was a problem & it was being escalated. But since then, nothing. Follow up emails about the escalation have been ignored.

My Branch President & I even called SLC for support. We were told that the Member Tools app wasn't supported, and to try emailing the developer, who might respond. I also released myself in LCR, waited a few days, then had my Branch Pres. add me back in. A longshot that did nothing.

While I am sadly not even a little surprised by any of this, I have to think there's some way to get to someone who would care about this issue and fix it. For as much as I see the developer hide behind the church privacy policy, I would think that #4 above would prompt some action.

Any ideas to solve this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member Tools account corruption and ZERO help from "support"

Post by russellhltn »

Do you have any other callings? Are you an out-of-unit member? I'm trying to think of things that would confuse the program.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Member Tools account corruption and ZERO help from "support"

Post by jonesrk »

josephyoung2007 wrote:My dad is having an "error downloading" signal each time he tries to get into LDS Tools. Any suggestions?
If he truly has LDS Tools then it is an old version and won't be able to sync the data. The latest version is called Member Tools.

Return to “Member Tools”