Tools App Not Working after Recent July 2020 update

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
homer150mw

Re: Tools App Not Working after Recent July 2020 update

Post by homer150mw »

My wife is having the same issue with her Samsung 10 phone, I am also using a Samsung 10 and do not have this issue. Not sure what the difference is. She recently had a software update for her phone.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

homer150mw wrote:My wife is having the same issue with her Samsung 10 phone, I am also using a Samsung 10 and do not have this issue. Not sure what the difference is.
Does she hold a leadership calling that gives expanded access to membership information? Such as behind on the ward council? I'm guessing you don't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ErasmoFlores01

Post by ErasmoFlores01 »

I’m having the same issue mentioned here. I can’t login to the app nor have access to use the help link to request support. Is there a current problem with the app?
stonehocker

Post by stonehocker »

As of October 12, the Tools app is suddenly working now. I did nothing different on my end, so they must have fixed it on their side. Hope everyone else's is working!
natebrew

Post by natebrew »

Problem still persists for me. Haven't been able to login to this app at all this year.
rasmussna5

Post by rasmussna5 »

I can't login to the Tools app on iPhone or iPad. On the iPhone I clicked "Having trouble signing in?" which led me to update my password. That is not a bad idea because it has been a while. I deleted my app, restarted my phone and reinstalled the app. I tried to log in with the new password. Received message "Failed to download. Please try again later." No login, no update, no access. Please help.
kcrisler22

Post by kcrisler22 »

My husband and I are both having the same problems with Member Tools on iOS for our iPhone 11s. Last time we encountered the error, deleting the app and restarting our phones, then reinstalling fixed the problem. After the update about 5 days ago ( version 4.1.1) , it stopped working again and reinstalling didn’t fix it.

For me, it is stuck on the update screen. Shows about 1/4 progress and then I get an update failed message. For him, the sync symbol just circles non-stop. We are both running iOS 14.0.1.
sjdouglas

Post by sjdouglas »

kcrisler22 wrote:My husband and I are both having the same problems with Member Tools on iOS for our iPhone 11s. Last time we encountered the error, deleting the app and restarting our phones, then reinstalling fixed the problem. After the update about 5 days ago ( version 4.1.1) , it stopped working again and reinstalling didn’t fix it.

For me, it is stuck on the update screen. Shows about 1/4 progress and then I get an update failed message. For him, the sync symbol just circles non-stop. We are both running iOS 14.0.1.
Same problem here. Both my wife and I are running latest iOS, updated the app, deleted and reinstalled and still no luck. We both get stuck on the 25% progress.
Blanding_Boy

Post by Blanding_Boy »

Anyone?? I’ve had this issue two weeks now doesn’t seem to be getting fixed.
mikepoli

Post by mikepoli »

I’m having the same issue. Seems to happen every time either iOS or Member Tools updates to a new version

Return to “Member Tools”