Class Lists not showing for assigned teachers

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
cboshdave

Class Lists not showing for assigned teachers

Post by cboshdave »

We have assigned two Sunday school teachers to a specific class. They are showing up as the instructors of the class. They cannot, however, access the class lists. Roles, members, etc. Where can we go to debug this problem?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Class Lists not showing for assigned teachers

Post by jonesrk »

That calling doesn't give rights to that. The clerk can send them the roles/lists as needed.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

As can the Sunday School secretary or other member of the presidency.
cboshdave

Post by cboshdave »

Thanks. That was not the case previously. I did not realize that had changed. I thought it was a glitch.
janny1024

Post by janny1024 »

That doesn't make any sense to me. My mother-in-law can't see her Sunday school class. As a parent, I can see the class rosters for all the teen Sunday school classes even though my children are not in all the classes. I am a primary counselor so my calling wouldn't necessitate that access either. Is there any discussion about making a change? My mother-in-law is teaching zoom classes now and would really like the functionality of creating lists to email or text class members to prepare portions of the lesson ahead of time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

janny1024 wrote:Is there any discussion about making a change?
You can submit the request via the feedback link in LCR. The decision-makers do not visit here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

janny1024 wrote:That doesn't make any sense to me. My mother-in-law can't see her Sunday school class. As a parent, I can see the class rosters for all the teen Sunday school classes even though my children are not in all the classes. I am a primary counselor so my calling wouldn't necessitate that access either. Is there any discussion about making a change? My mother-in-law is teaching zoom classes now and would really like the functionality of creating lists to email or text class members to prepare portions of the lesson ahead of time.
I believe it is your calling that does give you that access.
david.north

Post by david.north »

jonesrk wrote:That calling doesn't give rights to that. The clerk can send them the roles/lists as needed.
That's a limitation that should not exist. Think about it. A teacher should always be able to see who is assigned to his or her class.
This should be addressed quickly.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

david.north wrote:That's a limitation that should not exist. Think about it. A teacher should always be able to see who is assigned to his or her class.
This should be addressed quickly.
The business rules are not set by the developers, but set by the department that's asking for the feature. In this case, whatever department that is in charge of Sunday School. It's also done in consolation with the legal department with regard to privacy.

To get the issue in front of the decision makers, you can either send feedback via the feedback link in LCR, or ask the stake president to take up the issue with his presiding authority. However, I think you'll find it faster and more productive for someone who does have access to print the roles to PDF and send them to the teachers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Interesting coincidence. Our Sunday School president set apart new youth SS teachers today. Afterward, he asked me how these new teachers could obtain a list of their students, along with their contact information, so they could set up a possible Zoom meeting for the class. I told him that either he or I could create that list, but the teachers could not.

My problem is that my ward holds two youth SS classes, but they are still listed as Course 11 through Course 17 in LCR, since no one ever asked me to change the default class assignments. So at this point, I really don't know how they have split the students between the two classes. Waiting for an email response from the SS presidency.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Member Tools”