Payment Request - Purple Cloud, Bishopric Counselor Permissions?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
cotton9

Payment Request - Purple Cloud, Bishopric Counselor Permissions?

Post by cotton9 »

As a bishopric counselor, I submitted our ward's first payment request via Member Tools - for a YM-related expense. Two days later, each bishopric member and the ward clerk still sees "Payment Requests (0)" within the LCR Finance dashboard, and the payment request list is empty when expanded.

- The payment request appears in my app under "Submitted". When tapped, it states "Pending requests cannot be edited".
- I had automatic data sync activated, but also performed a manual data sync multiple times, both with and without wi-fi. The syncs all appeared to work fine.
- Member Tools Android v4.4.0-(101739.1)

Q1: There is a purple cloud icon w/ a refresh symbol displayed next to the pending request. What does this mean?

Q2: While troubleshooting, I discovered that the LCR Permissions Access Table displays "Payment Requests" as grayed out for the "Ward Bishopric Counselors", "Bishop", and "Ward Clerk" roles. It is checked off for presidencies though. Could this be related?
teribao

Re: Payment Request - Purple Cloud, Bishopric Counselor Permissions?

Post by teribao »

I'm experiencing the same issue. Exactly the same as above except I'm the Ward Clerk.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It would be interesting to hear what someone not in a unit leader/clerk position experiences. I would also like to hear what unit budget categories are available to them in Member Tools Payment Request.

LCR Payment Request requires a unit leader/clerk to select a unit organization on the Budget screen for the Payment Request tab to appear. This is effectively allowing the unit leader/clerk to function as an organization presidency member. And then only the categories for that organization or those categories with access granted to that organization presidency are available for processing.

I have not inquired of any of our unit organization presidencies as to what categories are available to them in the Member Tools Payment Request. As a ward clerk I see all the ward categories. (disclaimer: I have not tried to complete/submit a payment request through Member Tools. I have only gone up to, but not through, the point of submitting). I would expect a member of our ward's elders quorum presidency to see only the same two currently available to them as is in the LCR payment request feature. If that holds true then I would not expect a unit leader/clerk to be able to process a payment request through Member Tools as it is currently implemented even though it appears to be available.

I am speculating that the Member Tools Payment Request is not fully developed and is missing the ability of unit leaders/clerks to submit a payment request in the same functional manner as LCR Payment Request.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
teribao

Post by teribao »

It looks like the request I submitted just randomly(?) went through about 20min ago. Just got the email about a transaction waiting to be approved. I checked in Member Tools app and that request is no longer there.
cotton9

Post by cotton9 »

I too had the original payment request go through recently. I also just submitted another payment request a few minutes ago. It appeared with the purple cloud for only about 5 seconds before disappearing as submitted, and I can now see it in LCR.

So it looks whatever caused the original issue as been resolved. Great improvement!
jeffcrews

Post by jeffcrews »

I am a YSA branch president. I tried to use the Android app to submit an expense on Sunday...3 days later still nothing in LCR

I opened help desk case CSLUS0501382 and was told some units do not have the ability to process the reimbursements requests from the app.

I thought it was unfortunate that the app would show an option that the local unit would not be able to support.

When I look in access table in LCR I see as branch president or branch clerk these are gray with no checkmark or other icons in front of them:
Payment Request
Allocation %

In the app this is called a "Payment Request".

Why does the app show this option to submit a payment request if the local unit has no access to it?

Is there a plan to provide "payment request" permission to all local units? Any idea why we would not have access in a YSA unit in Oregon, USA?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think the plan is for all US units to have it, but it might still be in phased roll-out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mldobson

Post by mldobson »

(calling = Bishopric Counselor and Ward Clerk)
I also have this issue and the requests have been stuck for over two weeks.
What do I do now? resubmit in LCR instead of Tools? Does that cause a double dip?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mldobson wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:48 amWhat do I do now? resubmit in LCR instead of Tools? Does that cause a double dip?
Payment requests do not get paid automatically. The clerk has to review it and then submit it to create the actual expense record. So if the payment request eventually shows up then the clerk can just reject it and no additional payment will be made. Just make sure the ward clerk and finance clerk are aware to watch for it.
lproff

Post by lproff »

Did you find a solution to the problem as a bishopric counselor? I am having the same problem.

Return to “Member Tools”