LDS Tools....New App

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
slottved

Post by slottved »

aclawson wrote:Is there/will there be a version released for Android devices?
We have just posted a pre-release version for you all to try out. It can be found here:

http://tech.lds.org/dl/android/

More information about how to give feedback:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDS_Tools_for_Android

We hope as many of you will be able to help us get this first release out as soon as possible. We have more features to come in further versions!
aclawson

No non-market apps allowed

Post by aclawson »

I am using the AT&T Captivate and non-market apps are not allowed. Is there any way to get the beta up in market so I can install and test?
unixguy

webOS ldstools version is currently not working

Post by unixguy »

One of the web api urls that the webOS version uses to download leadership info isn't working at the moment, which means that attempts to download your stake data will fail. The failure message is this: "Unit Leaders Download Failed. Please Try Again. Error FAILURE downloadUnitLeaders:404 -"

https://new.lds.org/directory/services/ludrs/1.1/unit/unit-leadershiplist/<your_unit_num> is the api call that's failing, so if your webOS ldstools app is still failing, please check that the above url works (using your own unit number).

(Is there anybody that can pass this on to the API team?)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

unixguy wrote:Is there anybody that can pass this on to the API team?
According to the LDS Tools support - iPhone - iPad wiki page, you can email bug reports to ldstools-iphone@ldschurch.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jasonhyer

Won't be putting a beta out on Android Market

Post by jasonhyer »

aclawson wrote:I am using the AT&T Captivate and non-market apps are not allowed. Is there any way to get the beta up in market so I can install and test?

At the present time we don't have plans to post the pre-release version to the Android Market. The app is very close to complete but we wanted to try and make it available for testing if people have the ability to install it manually.

I'm sorry that the Captivate will not allow non-market installations. Please be patient with us until we do release to the market.

Jason Hyer - PM, LDS Tools for Android
unixguy

Post by unixguy »

Alan_Brown wrote:According to the LDS Tools support - iPhone - iPad wiki page, you can email bug reports to ldstools-iphone@ldschurch.org.
Since the problem noted is apparently only affecting the webOS version, and is caused by what appears to be an API failure, I was hesitant to complain at the iphone team.
Eric-p40

Post by Eric-p40 »

Once it is ready for the android market, let me know and I will install the program and test :)
GrasseDD

Youth in other wards don't show up...

Post by GrasseDD »

... for my wife. She sees everyone, young and old, in our home ward, but only adults in other wards in the stake.
I see everyone in mine.
The only difference I can think of is I have a stake calling, and she has a ward calling. I haven't seen anything about this--is that what makes the difference?
(Experia X10, Android, both of us)
Thanks,
D.G.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

duanegrasse wrote:The only difference I can think of is I have a stake calling, and she has a ward calling.
This would allow you to see more. In spite of the note that I am only allowed to see youth in my own ward, I also have a stake calling and can see them all throughout the stake.
GrasseDD

I wonder why

Post by GrasseDD »

Thanks for the reply. Do you know why that is? I can't see why a member in another ward wouldn't have my ward's youth included.
lajackson wrote:This would allow you to see more. In spite of the note that I am only allowed to see youth in my own ward, I also have a stake calling and can see them all throughout the stake.

Return to “Member Tools”