Sync issues

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Sync issues

Post by sbradshaw »

The minimum iOS version for Member Tools is now iOS 11.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mholt

Post by mholt »

I have been having lots of trouble syncing on my iPhone lately. The process goes 1/2 to 2/3 through then pops up with "Error - Error Downloading. OK." I have tried number times. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried again, uninstalled, shut down phone, turned back on, reinstalled, and tried again. Nothing seems to work. It works sometimes, but not others. Tonight, I have reinstalled again, tried to sync, and get the error. Now I have no data at all. I have an iPhone Xr, iOS 12.4.1, and Tools version 3.6.2. Any ideas out there?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mholt wrote:I have been having lots of trouble syncing on my iPhone lately. The process goes 1/2 to 2/3 through then pops up with "Error - Error Downloading. OK." I have tried number times. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried again, uninstalled, shut down phone, turned back on, reinstalled, and tried again. Nothing seems to work. It works sometimes, but not others. Tonight, I have reinstalled again, tried to sync, and get the error. Now I have no data at all. I have an iPhone Xr, iOS 12.4.1, and Tools version 3.6.2. Any ideas out there?
I'd suggest checking with other members of your ward. It might be something odd with the ward data.

I'd also use the feedback in app to report the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ccole59

Post by ccole59 »

I have a member who as of last weekend (approximately) their iPad stopped showing all their notes and highlights in LDS Library. The iPad is newer, is running the most current iOS and appears to have the newest version of Library. They have rebooted the iPad and they have also deleted the app and re-installed it. Everything shows fine on their PC via the website and on their iPhone. How do you "force" a sync when there isn't one on the iPad app?
lorettaneil

Post by lorettaneil »

I have a new iPhone and I can't get the app for my lds tools to sync. What do I do? My phone number is [removed] and my email is [removed].
Last edited by russellhltn on Tue May 05, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public forum
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lorettaneil wrote:I have a new iPhone and I can't get the app for my lds tools to sync. What do I do? My phone number is [removed] and my email is [removed].
Did you automatically transfer your apps from one phone to the other? Sometimes app data doesn't fully transfer in that situation, and an app can get confused. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app, on your new iPhone?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hartvigsen32

Post by hartvigsen32 »

We have two accounts at our home that cannot sync. Both iPhones with latest app and iOS. Have reinstalled app, have rebooted. Neighbor has two accounts on three devices, same issues. Son-in-law also gets error when trying to sync. My wife has been trying to sync for almost two weeks. At least after the failed sync I get to the apps, she cannot. Is there a general issue with the church app/site.?
danielsbrown

Post by danielsbrown »

Same issue for members trying to access it in Washington state. Will not sync. Would be nice if the Church had an app status site that advised of server or other issues.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”