Profile Pictures

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
whollman

Profile Pictures

Post by whollman »

I have an I-Phone 11 Pro and cannot delete, add, or do anything to my photo under my Profile. I have tried to remove it the last several weeks, and all I get is an "unable to delete image, try again later" note. The pic is several years old, and I should be able to remove my own picture. I think this issue is on your end. Please advise...
mattbowen5

Re: Profile Pictures

Post by mattbowen5 »

Same here. iPhone XR and exact same problem. My wife and I recently moved into a new ward and my household picture is some goofy shot of me in my Freshman year at college haha. But yeah me and my wife have the same issue. Has no one else really come across this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Have you tried to update your photos through the online Directory?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mmarx

Post by mmarx »

I am also having issues updating photos. I get the error message on the lds app that says the picture can’t be updated right now. When I try to update the photos online on lds.org I can update my 2 older sons photos but my daughters photo doesn’t update it just looks like it’s updating and then jumps to her name without any message about waiting for approval from the clerk. When I click on her photo tab there is no updated photo. My daughter is 11. My boys are 18 and 15. Is there an age restriction for photos? Please advise and fix this bug!
dmckean

Post by dmckean »

Ditto, I was not able replace or remove my profile picture. This is happening on the Tools iOS app and on the desktop web site (Dashboard). I had changed browsers, converted the photo (also taken on an iPhone) from JPG to PNG, it just never updates or provides an error message. Issue persisted for at least a month. I think it finally worked when I switched to the ward directory page on the desktop website and changed there.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”