LDS Tools: Sync Fails with "Error Downloading"

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
teamhs

Re: LDS Tools: Sync Fails with "Error Downloading"

Post by teamhs »

I have an iPhone 6 and my counselor has an iPhone 11. We both cannot access Member/LDS Tools. It keeps kicking us out. Actually, we cannot sign in.
gdoermann

Post by gdoermann »

I’m having the same issues. I cannot download in my iPhone 11 or iPad Pro. Both tell me the download fails. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Member Tools and have reset my password. Any other advice?
PatrickESmith

Post by PatrickESmith »

I'm also having this issue with my iPad and my wife's iPhone. The iPad wasn't having an issue until I signed out and tried to sign in under my wife's account. Her account hasn't been working. When I went back to login to my account, I had the issue on my account. My iPhone, which I have not signed out of my Tools account, is not having the issue with syncing. We both use our app a lot and this is an issue.
rawbino

Post by rawbino »

I’ve been having the same problem for months. I finally deleted it because it was useless. I thought I’d download the app just now to see if it was fixed but once again I got the “failed to download” error. I have iPhone 8 Plus with the 14.0.1 update. Didn’t work before the updates and doesn’t work after.
binghamb

Post by binghamb »

Having same issue.
jezingmark

Post by jezingmark »

Same. I deleted the app and reinstalled multiple times and cannot get it to work :(
fairbanksjp

Post by fairbanksjp »

Cannot het sync to work on either iPhone nor iPad. Have not been able to do so since August. Cannot find a solution tonapp freezing in sync mode.
Webbw

Post by Webbw »

I have Been Deleting the Member tools App and Reinstalling it to try to access the data and Ward Info and I can’t see anything the Sync “stalls” as has been previously stated and It reverts me back to sign on page. I don’t have a problem with the Website but the app is supposed to help me easily access important info but I’m not able to use it at all.
Xander09

Post by Xander09 »

I'm running into the same problem. My bishop asked us all to sync our LDS Tools apps during our zoom sacrament meeting. So I tried and it wouldn't work. I even did the same thing that so many other members of the church have tried to do and uninstalled and then reinstalled the app and accomplished nothing accept the same message of "Update Failed." If anyone else has a solution that would be great.

Thank you!
ebyers

Post by ebyers »

I realize this is a user forum but without any moderation it’s not helpful. This issue of not updating has been going on for weeks now. Personally We have two iPhones and two of the 10.5 iPad Air tablets and none will update. Do we have a response from anyone about this?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”