Problem German LDS Tools wp7

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for all versions of Windows Phone.
sebastianfranz

Problem German LDS Tools wp7

Post by sebastianfranz »

Hello there,

once again I was so happy to find this app! It's great and very helpful. I just have one question - there are so many mistakes like people not being on the ward list or it says that I don't have a calling even though I do have one.

Do you know how that is possible? I know the people that are missing here are on the ward list in MLS, same with the callings. I noticed the same problem when I log into my LDSaccount on lds.org.

Do you know how that can be fixed?

Thank you!

Sebastian
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sebastianfranz wrote:Hello there,

once again I was so happy to find this app! It's great and very helpful. I just have one question - there are so many mistakes like people not being on the ward list or it says that I don't have a calling even though I do have one.

Do you know how that is possible? I know the people that are missing here are on the ward list in MLS, same with the callings. I noticed the same problem when I log into my LDSaccount on lds.org.

Do you know how that can be fixed?

Privacy laws for many European countries prevent the Church from displaying privacy information on-line without express approval from the member. The Church has implemented a procedure to comply with these privacy laws such that members are required to "opt in" to have their information available in the on-line directory. This is opposite of the implimentation in the US where members are listed in the directory unless they "opt out". The mobile applications use the same data as available to the on-line directory. For Germany, until a member logs onto the LDS.org directory using their LDS Account and "opt in", their data will not be displayed.

Information displayed on the directory for callings comes from MLS. If a calling is not listed in MLS then it will not appear on the directory. Also, if a member does not "opt in" then their name will not appear in any calling position on-line. Check with your clerk to have him verify your calling is entered in MLS and in CDOL. If it is then he may need to follow the procedures in Correcting duplicate or missing callings.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sebastianfranz

Post by sebastianfranz »

ok, thank you. that will be why i cannot see certain people on there ok.

i still don't understand the things with the calling - if i log on to my account on lds.org i can see certain callings but those are not shown on LDS Tools.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sebastianfranz wrote:i still don't understand the things with the calling - if i log on to my account on lds.org i can see certain callings but those are not shown on LDS Tools.
I know the iOS version doesn't display custom positions. I don't know if the wp7 version has that same issue or not. You can check and see if the only callings you can't see in LDS Tools are custom positions.

Return to “Windows Phone LDS Tools”