Version 1.0 release coming soon!!!

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Version 1.0 release coming soon!!!

Post by jdcr256 »

We have updated to version 1.0RC (rev 564) of the Lesson Scheduler.

This is our candidate for a 1.0 release. When we officially "release" 1.0, we will delete the existing data and reset the database. From that point on, we will persist all your changes, and you should start treating the data like production. We plan to do this as early as tomorrow, but possibly as late as Monday. Please note that until that change is made, you should still expect your data to be deleted. I'll make a final announcement (as obviously as I can make it) when we make that final change.

Here is a list of known issues/items we plan to address in the near future:

- Stake Admin. There is still no provision for stake leaders to create master schedules for their stake. All default classes are being created from a simple template based on the appropriate manual for that class. In order to allow stake leaders to help wards to use this app, stake leaders have been granted the ability to use the admin screens for their own wards. In other words, stake leaders are considered ward admins for their own ward for the purpose of being able to see and understand the same screens that other ward admins in the stake will be using.

- Automate creation/adjustment of lesson schedules. We have added some rudimentary functionality for the automatic creation of classes and provisioning of lesson schedules. However, when a ward admin adds events (like General Conference), we do not yet have a solution for updating all following events. To address this, we have added functionality to account for events when an admin creates a new class, but that will not fix the classes that automatically get generated when the first ward member logs in to the app. We do plan on having a solution for this eventually.

- Multiple instructors. Right now you can only add a single instructor to a class or lesson. We realize that most classes have multiple instructors that teach on a regular schedule, and we plan to accomodate this in the future. Right now you can assign a single instructor for a class, or manually add a different instructor to each week's lesson.

Thank you so much for all your input on this project. There have been a lot of good ideas that we have added to our backlog for improving this application as time goes on. Please continue to use the forum to provide any additional feedback, or to report issues as you find them.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Thank you for the update! :)
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

This final change is still coming soon. We've been distracted with getting a new release of Directory ready and were delayed on the final review of Lesson Scheduler that we needed before removing the beta status. I'll update again when we are officially released.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

jdcr256 wrote:This final change is still coming soon. We've been distracted with getting a new release of Directory ready and were delayed on the final review of Lesson Scheduler that we needed before removing the beta status. I'll update again when we are officially released.
Thanks, I was just wondering about that today! :)

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”