Error when trying to delete course

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jbb89777
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:00 am

Re: Error when trying to delete course

Postby jbb89777 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:15 pm

I am also experiencing this error. Will a notification be sent once it is fixed or do we just have to keep trying throughout the holidays?

Thanks!

User avatar
johnsonth
Member
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: Error when trying to delete course

Postby johnsonth » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:17 pm

jbb89777 wrote:I am also experiencing this error. Will a notification be sent once it is fixed or do we just have to keep trying throughout the holidays?


We'll send out a notification to the forum when the issue is fixed, for sure.

preston.baxter
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Independence, Oregon, USA

Re: Error when trying to delete course

Postby preston.baxter » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:08 am

jhowell2000 wrote:I wanted to delete classes, then add events and recreate classes to have lessons schedule around events.


As a work-around, I'm creating new classes titled "2013 ..." after inputting conflicting event dates. If this issue isn't resolved by the beginning of the year I can simply inactivate all the 2012 classes.

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 8101
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Re: Error when trying to delete course

Postby jdlessley » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:08 am

preston.baxter wrote:As a work-around, I'm creating new classes titled "2013 ..." after inputting conflicting event dates. If this issue isn't resolved by the beginning of the year I can simply inactivate all the 2012 classes.
There seems to be a misperception that 2012 classes will roll into 2013. This will not happen. 2013 classes must be created. You can check this by navigating to January 06, 2013. If you have not created any classes there will not be any classes. There is no need to delete any 2012 classes.

The "cannot delete classes" issue arises when you realize after creating a class or two for 2013 that the lesson postponing feature has not been developed and you have to enter events for the year and now go back and create the classes again to have lessons postponed. The classes originally created will still be there. Just rename these unwanted classes something like Delete, Delete 1, and so on. Mark them as inactive, no check mark, and they will not be available. When the issue is fixed and deployed the unwanted classes can then be deleted.

If you are still seeing 2012 classes while trying to add 2013 classes you have forgotten to select 2013 in the year selector box. Since we are still in 2012 it defaults to the current year, 2012.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

preston.baxter
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Independence, Oregon, USA

Re: Error when trying to delete course

Postby preston.baxter » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:16 pm

When 2013 is selected, all the "current" classes still appear. That was driving the "misperception" for me. Inactivating them and creating new ones for 2013 will work fine.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 3404
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Error when trying to delete course

Postby eblood66 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:52 pm

jdlessley wrote:
preston.baxter wrote:As a work-around, I'm creating new classes titled "2013 ..." after inputting conflicting event dates. If this issue isn't resolved by the beginning of the year I can simply inactivate all the 2012 classes.
There seems to be a misperception that 2012 classes will roll into 2013. This will not happen. 2013 classes must be created. You can check this by navigating to January 06, 2013. If you have not created any classes there will not be any classes.

That's not what I'm seeing. I'm the only one who has done anything with the lesson schedules in my ward. I created 2012 class but no 2013 class. It's true that the 2012 class did not transfer to 2013 but there is a set of default classes in 2013 which I did not created.

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 8101
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Re: Error when trying to delete course

Postby jdlessley » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:20 pm

That's interesting. I didn't have any default classes in 2013. With the exception of the two classes the HP Group Leader tried to set up there was nothing else.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

preston.baxter
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Independence, Oregon, USA

Re: Error when trying to delete course

Postby preston.baxter » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:24 am

Looking more closely I guess the list of classes already in my 2013 admin matched what I found in the BETA list, except my test classes did not show up. Most of those matched the class names I was using for 2012 so I assumed they had "rolled over" when I now see a couple of classes in there that I was not using (Primary 1, 3, and 5 plus Temple Prep). Interesting, indeed.

failproof
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

Re: Error when trying to delete course

Postby failproof » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:12 am

preston.baxter wrote:Looking more closely I guess the list of classes already in my 2013 admin matched what I found in the BETA list, except my test classes did not show up. Most of those matched the class names I was using for 2012 so I assumed they had "rolled over" when I now see a couple of classes in there that I was not using (Primary 1, 3, and 5 plus Temple Prep). Interesting, indeed.

I had a similar experience... looked like I had some that were there by default and it occurred to me that they might have come from beta, but there were Primary classes in the list and I did not create any Primary ones in beta.
I don't think these rolled from beta at all. It really does appear that I had some there by "default". Which of course, leaves me with a list of classes to delete, but which cannot be deleted yet. I too went the route of renaming them with "to be deleted" and deactivated them.

hollywelch
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:27 pm
Location: Kaysville Utah

Re: Error when trying to delete course

Postby hollywelch » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Will someone please let us know when this problem is fixed?


Return to “Lesson Schedules”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests