Sunday School Lesson Link

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
hansene2

Sunday School Lesson Link

Post by hansene2 »

I didn't see anything about this so if I've missed something please point me in the right direction.

When I click on the link in the lesson schedule for the year, it takes me to the Gospel Doctrine Teacher's Manual lesson for that lesson. For non-instructors (i.e. most of the ward), they should be directed to the study guide lesson. Is there a way to do this? If so, please help. If not, I think this would be an important feature for general users of the lesson schedule as they don't really want/need to go through the whole teacher's lesson manual (otherwise we'd pass them out to all the class members rather than the study guides) :).

I realize that this requirement is not needed in Priesthood/Relief Society/Gospel Principles as the teacher's manual is the same as the student's guide/manual.

Thanks for the help!
gbates

Post by gbates »

When a user sets up a class, he/she chooses the manual for that class from a drop-down list.
Lesson Schedules > Add Class > Manual and Lesson Material = <select from pre-defined list>

Unfortunately this list currently shows only the teacher's manuals, not the students' study guides for Sunday School classes. I imagine the list could include the study guides too, but that isn't much help since the application still only lets us select one manual (the teacher's or the students') for the class. To satisfy the request in this case, we really need to associate two manuals with some classes (both the teacher's manual and the students' study guide).

If the list included student study guides, then we could work around the problem by setting up two Gospel Doctrine Sunday School classes, one for the teachers and one for the students. But then if the presidency has to change the lesson schedule for some reason, they would have to do so in two places to keep them in sync.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

hansene2 wrote:When I click on the link in the lesson schedule for the year, it takes me to the Gospel Doctrine Teacher's Manual lesson for that lesson. For non-instructors (i.e. most of the ward), they should be directed to the study guide lesson.
This has been addressed in other threads. There is also another class that erroneously lists the instructor manual instead of the class member manual.

The manuals list is provided by another system. They are feverishly working to get Lesson Schedules for 2013 setup. Hopefully the manuals listed will list the class member manuals instead of the teacher manuals.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

jdlessley wrote: Hopefully the manuals listed will list the class member manuals instead of the teacher manuals.

I'd really like it if they listed both the teacher and student manual in this situation. It's real handy when you get a substitute teacher to point him or her to Lesson Schedules to be able to get the manual for the lesson that is to be taught. However, as a student, I would prefer to see the student information. The Gospel Doctrine teacher manuals, for example, don't list the complete reading assignment, whereas the student guide does.
hansene2

Post by hansene2 »

Thanks so much.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”