Stake Clerk doesn't have access to Ward Lesson Schedule

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jasonhyer

Stake Clerk doesn't have access to Ward Lesson Schedule

Post by jasonhyer »

With a new year coming on I guess it is time to try and figure out why I don't have access to the Lesson Schedule again for my ward. As a Stake Clerk I understand that I should have administrative rights to my ward's calendar but I do not and never have had :confused: (though I have posted about it previously and was given some tips to try and get it worked out). For a stake clerk, it isn't exactly easy to remove me from the calling and add me back in again as there is a separate section in MLS to add Stake Presidency, Bishops, Stake Clerk and Stake Executive Secretary. I really need access so I can try to teach others in my Stake how to use this tool.

Any help would be appreciated though I do have to say again how disappointing it is that Stake Leaders don't have access to more than just their own ward's calendar so we can be a resource to help wards when it is so often needed. I've worn that argument out though so I don't expect a response on that piece. :mad:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Clerk doesn't have access to Ward Lesson Schedule

Post by russellhltn »

You should have admin access to your ward's "Lesson Schedules". But Lesson Schedule is not the calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

Sorry, too many things on my mind. The post was in reference only to the Lesson Schedule.

And yes, though I should have access to the schedule, I don't and never have even though I have been assured that I should.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's odd. I checked before I replied. When I go to Lesson Schedule, I see our ward and I see "Administration". Based on being able to find you in CDOL, your calling appears to be entered correctly.

Is anyone else in the stake presidency/stake clerk having a problem?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

As a stake assistant clerk, I have administration rights for my ward's lesson schedules – everything seems to be working fine. I didn't know I had admin rights for that; I don't think I'd usually change anything there myself, but I suppose it would be useful for troubleshooting...
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

Other members of the presidency are able to administer their ward schedules. It just appears to be me. If it were easy, I would remove myself from the calling and then add myself back in again but Stake Clerk is a calling that has to be approved before it is added at church HQ.

How can we get somebody to look at this that might be able to do something? I've got wards asking me for help but I can't do anything to help them without being able to see myself how to administer the tool.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

If anyone wants help, they can click on the Help link within the Lesson Schedules, and read detailed instructions. They can even print them if they prefer.

Have you called Local Unit Support and discussed your issue with them?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

In some cases that works but I can't troubleshoot the issue with them which I often have to do.

Local Unit Support won't touch this issue. It is an application issue and they have declined to help with this in the past.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just to confirm - you don't see the "Admin" function pictured below. And you've tried this on different machines?
Attachments
LessonSchedules.jpg
Screen shot
(56.82 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

You are correct. I have no Admin function and it is the same on different browsers and machines.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”