Lessons in wrong order

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
Jeanbriz

Re: Lessons in wrong order

Post by Jeanbriz »

We have had the same problem in our ward... I am the Relief Society President. I phone the Stake Exec Secretary - he was unable to clarify. Then I spoke to the Stake RS President who spoke to our Stake President. Then I went to are Stake Technology Advisor, etc. It was so frustrating! Finally it seems all has settled down. But it was very time consuming for me personally to chase all of these people to sort things out. I am glad that other people have been through this - it makes me feel a little less alone when these seemingly simple but frustrating things happen.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jeanbriz wrote:I am glad that other people have been through this - it makes me feel a little less alone when these seemingly simple but frustrating things happen.
I suppose one of the great blessings of belonging to a worldwide church is that when something goes wrong, we gain worldwide experience and blessings. [grin]
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

A counselor in my stake presidency returned from a trip to Utah recently, carrying yellow cardboard handouts that listed all GD lessons on one side, and all PH/RS lessons on the other side. Sometimes the low-tech approach is the best.

My motto has always been, "Once something is printed, it is obsolete."
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mevans

Post by mevans »

drepouille wrote:A counselor in my stake presidency returned from a trip to Utah recently, carrying yellow cardboard handouts that listed all GD lessons on one side, and all PH/RS lessons on the other side. Sometimes the low-tech approach is the best.
Best depends upon who you're talking to. I know people for whom something like a printed handout with the schedule is clearly the best solution and I wouldn't even try to get them to use the online tools. On the other hand, there are a lot of people missing out on tools that can greatly enhance their gospel study. Lesson Schedules alone doesn't do that, but it's the combination of Lesson Schedules with the online manuals and note taking that's the game changer (unfortunately, note taking is only available in English). One reason I'm excited about this stuff is that it's technology that has provided a meaningful spiritual enhancement to my life.
drepouille wrote:My motto has always been, "Once something is printed, it is obsolete."
Those darn obsolete scriptures ;)
jongrover

Lesson Schedule print Out wrong

Post by jongrover »

I have problems with Lessons printing out in the wrong. The dates I marked as "No Class" still have a topic listed and where June 1st should be reads "1 May". I should specify that I am a Young Men's President so I dealing with the youth curriculum. Anyone have ideas on how to fix this printer problem?
mevans

Re: Lesson Schedule print Out wrong

Post by mevans »

jongrover wrote:I have problems with Lessons printing out in the wrong. The dates I marked as "No Class" still have a topic listed and where June 1st should be reads "1 May". I should specify that I am a Young Men's President so I dealing with the youth curriculum. Anyone have ideas on how to fix this printer problem?
As this is a different topic, I responded in a new thread.
sk8willy1

Post by sk8willy1 »

Still having issues... just wanted you to know. I Seem to be having a myriad of issues. I put my lessons in for my Elders Quorum (i'm EQ pres) and it seems that not only is the info not available by looking at the lessons for my ward (only shows HP and RS) but when I click on administration it seems to have my 2nd and 3rd lessons all jumbled up by numbers. It does show that the lessons are there, but the lesson numbers are all out of sequence. Ive tried to fix via the responses on this thread, but to no avail. I went in to fix each individual incorrect lesson after clicking on the little box telling me some lessons may be missing, and it keeps going right back to jumbled. I even noticed by about MAY it has the right lesson once I get into it, but on the surface look its the wrong one. it even says "saved" at the top, but once I log out of it and log back into administration, they are all messed up again. I input them in December if that helps, but none of my "fixes" work. Help please!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sk8willy1 wrote:I put my lessons in for my Elders Quorum (EQ pres) and it seems that not only is the info not available by looking at the lessons for my ward (only shows HP and RS)...
A class must be set to active for the class to be available on the main page of Lesson Schedules. To make a class active go to the Administration page and check the box in the third column titled "Active" for the class. Those classes without that box checked will not be available on the Lesson Schedules main page.

If following the instructions here does not help then I recommend deleting the class and adding it again. The issue that caused the jumbling of lesson order has been resolved so there should be no problem for a newly added class.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Lesson Schedules”