Manuals for 2015

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
GayWhited

Manuals for 2015

Post by GayWhited »

When will manuals for 2015 be entered, so they can be selected & the lessons fill in automatically? We want to get everything in place for next year, as soon as possible. I'm especially interested in primary. Thank you.
siredge

Re: Manuals for 2015

Post by siredge »

Yes, I just tried to enter Priesthood lessons for 2015. I already have the Ezra Taft Benson manual on my phone, so I figured I ought to be able to set it up on LDS.org. It seems not quite yet- I created the class, but the menu to select the manual is blank.
hawkinsmd

Post by hawkinsmd »

I to am wanting to set up lessons for next year using Teachings of the presidents of the church: Ezra Taft Benson, for Relief Society. I take it there is no answer for this question still.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

At some point between now and the end of the year (hopefully), the new manuals will show up, and it will become possible to enter lessons from them on the schedule. Some years the new manuals show up earlier than others.

Knowing when they will show up is similar to guessing when the ice in the frozen Klondike River will break up in the Spring. It just happens when it happens.

Fortunately, someone will notice and post a comment here at the Forum because so many people are watching for them.
mevans

Post by mevans »

lajackson wrote:Knowing when they will show up is similar to guessing when the ice in the frozen Klondike River will break up in the Spring.
:)

So far, the only 2015 lessons I've found I can set up are the youth curriculum lessons. I'm surprised that we don't have existing manuals, such as Gospel Principles, available for 2015 yet.

When Lesson Schedules was first created it was new and things were still in flux. We're now heading on the third year of the tool, so I would hope that someone at CHQ would get a "product launch" process in place to coordinate the annual curriculum planning and release process across various departments so that everything is available when the instructions for curriculum is published. Or maybe there is such a process, but it hasn't been updated to include lesson schedules yet.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:I'm surprised that we don't have existing manuals, such as Gospel Principles, available for 2015 yet.
I'm not surprised. It's only October. I know that some people love to do their planning well in advance, but I don't see what the rush is. Who exactly is going to care in the first week of November which lesson will be taught in the first week of January?
siredge

Post by siredge »

My interest is because the Teaching for Our Times lessons (usually 4th Sundays) are decided in Oct-Nov (Now) for Nov-Apr. Since they are influenced by Ward and Stake conferences, this is helpful to plan out rather than just adjusting as it happens, which usually results in Priesthood and Relief Society out of sync.
christoph.zickler

Post by christoph.zickler »

Where can I find the manual to the plan manually? There should be rules what to do with a lesson on what kind of event (move or fall out). This way we can start making plans now.

And PLEASE: can you make sure to translate everything into german (and of course other languages). This year the dropdown menu to select the lesson was not complete. I reported this to several stations but nobody knew what to do.

Thank you :)
Tdshort

2015 "lessons schedule"

Post by Tdshort »

I am trying to schedule the 2015 lesson schedule with events and classes. It is not working. Please help. thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: 2015 "lessons schedule"

Post by russellhltn »

tdshort wrote:I am trying to schedule the 2015 lesson schedule with events and classes. It is not working. Please help. thanks
Your post was merged with an existing thread on the subject. As you can see, it's just a matter of waiting until the manuals for 2015 are added.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”