Page 1 of 1

Missing Menu items

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:05 pm
by mzuniga
Per the email:
We need people with all callings to test the directory. If you're a directory administrator because of your calling (website administrator, bishopric or stake presidency, clerk, executive secretary), you will see additional options in the sidebar for approving, uploading, assigning, and managing photos.

I am a currently a Stake Clerk and it is recognized in the beta site but I do not see any additional menu items for approving, uploading, assigning, and or managing photos.

Re: Missing Menu items

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:14 pm
by aebrown
mzuniga wrote:Per the email:
We need people with all callings to test the directory. If you're a directory administrator because of your calling (website administrator, bishopric or stake presidency, clerk, executive secretary), you will see additional options in the sidebar for approving, uploading, assigning, and managing photos.

I am a currently a Stake Clerk and it is recognized in the beta site but I do not see any additional menu items for approving, uploading, assigning, and or managing photos.

The wording in the email was inaccurate. No one at the stake level has the ability to manage photos, so they won't see those options. That philosophy hasn't changed in the beta directory -- it's the same as it always has been.

Re: Missing Menu items

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:24 pm
by mevans
I am a ward assistant clerk and see the options I would expect to see.

Re: Missing Menu items

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 pm
by johnsonth
mzuniga wrote:Per the email:
I am a currently a Stake Clerk and it is recognized in the beta site but I do not see any additional menu items for approving, uploading, assigning, and or managing photos.


mzuniga, good catch. I updated the article to read as follows:

We need people with all callings to test the directory. If you're a ward directory administrator because of your calling (website administrator, bishopric, clerk, executive secretary), you will see additional options in the sidebar for approving, uploading, assigning, and managing photos. While stake administrators don't have permissions to manage photos, they can edit profile information.

If you're not a ward or stake administrator, you won't be able to complete all the tasks in Swarm Tester. But that's okay — we still need your feedback on the tasks you can do.

Re: Missing Menu items

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:15 pm
by johnshaw
I saw it expressed before, but the idea of limiting a stake's ability to use the system really does limit our ability to magnify our callings in training and sustaining a ward. If a ward calls me and says I'm having trouble with the photo section of the directory, what do I tell them. Call SLC? Isn't that what my calling is supposed to reduce? The need to call SLC?

Re: Missing Menu items

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 pm
by jdlessley
JohnShaw wrote:If a ward calls me and says I'm having trouble with the photo section of the directory, what do I tell them. Call SLC? Isn't that what my calling is supposed to reduce? The need to call SLC?
I know it may be difficult for some stake clerks to meet face-to-face with clerks but that may be required to see first hand or to demonstrate if necessary.

Re: Missing Menu items

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 am
by eblood66
jdlessley wrote:
JohnShaw wrote:If a ward calls me and says I'm having trouble with the photo section of the directory, what do I tell them. Call SLC? Isn't that what my calling is supposed to reduce? The need to call SLC?
I know it may be difficult for some stake clerks to meet face-to-face with clerks but that may be required to see first hand or to demonstrate if necessary.

A service such as https://join.me/ could also be an option to allow a stake clerk to help a ward clerk remotely.

Re: Missing Menu items

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:00 am
by mevans
JohnShaw wrote:I saw it expressed before, but the idea of limiting a stake's ability to use the system really does limit our ability to magnify our callings in training and sustaining a ward. If a ward calls me and says I'm having trouble with the photo section of the directory, what do I tell them. Call SLC? Isn't that what my calling is supposed to reduce? The need to call SLC?


I think JohnShaw's comment is more related to the fact that he has no permissions to try out the tools, therefore when his clerks come calling, he is not familiar with the tools and can't help them.