Getting Started with Newsletter

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
janelltey

Getting Started with Newsletter

Post by janelltey »

I am a Relief Society president and want to take a look at the newsletter program; however, after reading the "getting started newsletter" helps; I don't see where I can "add an article" and truly get started. From what I've read, my calling should allow me automatically to be a publisher. If someone knows how I go about this, please let me know.
eblood66

Re: Getting Started with Newsletter

Post by eblood66 »

Although the RS president is generally added by default as a publisher, it is possible for a ward administrator to change that. Also if any administrator made any change to the rights back a few years when the newsletter was in beta then the default publishers may not have been added.

Have a ward administrator (a clerk, bishopric member or executive secretary) look and make sure the RS President calling is still listed as a publisher. If not, he can add the calling back.

Also make sure your calling is recorded correctly. If you have access to LCR then your calling is correct.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There are two newsletters - ward and stake. Make sure you're switched to the same one as your calling ("ward" for ward Relief Society President). You should see a "+ New Article" on the right side of the light blue box.

If that's not there, there' s a couple of possibilities:
  • Your calling hasn't been recorded correctly. (as a standard position - not custom)
  • The MRN on your LDS account doesn't match your membership record.
I'd suggest get with your ward clerk to see what's going on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
janelltey

Post by janelltey »

Thank you. I'll check with our bishopric. My information is correct as I do have access to LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

janelltey wrote:Thank you. I'll check with our bishopric. My information is correct as I do have access to LCR.
Hmmm, that spoils my theory. The button to add an article doesn't look like a button, but more like a tag or a banner. So it can be easy to overlook. Toggle between ward and stake and maybe it will be more noticeable.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:The button to add an article doesn't look like a button, but more like a tag or a banner. So it can be easy to overlook. Toggle between ward and stake and maybe it will be more noticeable.
NewArticle.png
NewArticle.png (11.24 KiB) Viewed 7329 times

Return to “Newsletter”