2012 World Wide Leadership training

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
bsummie

2012 World Wide Leadership training

Post by bsummie »

I guess I'll be the first to ask. How long till we can get a copy of the broadcast online?
russelljd

Post by russelljd »

It will be made available tonight at 9:00 PM MT on LDS.org
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellJD wrote:It will be made available tonight at 9:00 PM MT on LDS.org
It's been available for at least 5 hours already at http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/archive/worldwide-leadership-training/2012/02?lang=eng (I checked immediately after our stake's showing of the broadcast, and it was already there).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bsummie

Post by bsummie »

aebrown wrote:It's been available for at least 5 hours already at http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/archive/w ... 2?lang=eng (I checked immediately after our stake's showing of the broadcast, and it was already there).

Thanks, I tried searching for it there earlier and it only gave me only Feb 2011.

Open up that link that you gave then click on "World Wide Leadership" on the left column and then it reverts back to Feb 2011 and I couldn't find another way to get 2012 up (other than clicking your link of course).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jtsummie wrote:Thanks, I tried searching for it there earlier and it only gave me only Feb 2011.

Open up that link that you gave then click on "World Wide Leadership" on the left column and then it reverts back to Feb 2011 and I couldn't find another way to get 2012 up (other than clicking your link of course).
There's a dropdown in the upper right corner of the page that seems to still be defaulting to Feb 2011, and even though it has an option for Feb 2012, it doesn't seem to actually choose the Feb 2012 page. The way I got to the page was just to change the 2011 in the URL in my browser's address bar to 2012, and that worked.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cpstaggs

iPad

Post by cpstaggs »

How do I download the Worldwide Training Broadcast to iPad? When I click on the download link on my PC, it begins to download the file. However, when I click the same thing on my iPad, it begins streaming instead of downloading a file I can watch later when not on an internet connection.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

It was actually available at least by Friday sometime. Since we had to show it in another building I was going to record it as we have done it in the past. But apparently they decided not to broadcast it here in the US until 6 am Saturday; last year all the broadcasts (beginning at Friday noon) were available here. So after recording a nice BYU TV show Friday night I called the help desk and they directed me to the archive page (and no password required as was mentioned in the instructions). I was going to try to install some software to capture the stream, as I'm not sure we have enough bandwidth for a reliable stream, and with either that or a a webcast I have to disable all the network access. But I was thrilled to see it also available as a download. I just downloaded the 360p version which was already much better quality than the satellite broadcast (I compared them). I bought Roxio Creator to try to burn it to a DVD but it keeps crashing so now I'm trying to figure that out, but at least I could show it directly from my computer.

I do wish the Church would communicate things to us STS's better; it would have often made my life a lot easier.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “General Discussions”