Cease and Desist? ldsscriptures.com

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
marcris

Re: Cease and Desist? ldsscriptures.com

Post by marcris »

I agree with the other comments. This has been a very nice app and I use it all of the time. I noticed the problem on the first of the month, but my Nook was still able to download after awhile. When I tried to install the app on my wife's new Android phone though, I was unable to download the app to the new phone, even though I paid for it.

Why is the site still able to advertise and accept payment, if the Cease and Desist order is in effect?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

marcris wrote:Why is the site still able to advertise and accept payment, if the Cease and Desist order is in effect?
That's something you'll have to take up with them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhembrow

Post by russellhembrow »

I need the option in the app to change the colour of text and background, I need to have blue text, I find Black writing on white very difficult to read, while blue on white is far and away more restful for me to read. I find that most people who contact actualy go to the trouble of changing their emails to blue, look at this page there is a lot of blue writing on white background, even black on a grey background is easier to read, look at your own website on this very page; look at your app even you highlight the important/key words in Blue please please add this feature into your app so as the Brothers and Sisters with color 'Blindness' problems can rest their eyes as they read the sacred word.

Also the 2 step process to jump around open pages in your app version is far inferior to the one step process in LDSScriptures.com app, think of it, just one step not 2, please bless us by not dismissing our relevant comments.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russellhembrow wrote:I need the option in the app to change the colour of text and background,
Which app are you talking about? You've posted to the ldsscriptures.com thread, but no one here has any connection with that app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbhende

Post by dbhende »

I wonder if there was been any discussion around adding the incredible features found in the LDS Scriptures app to the official LDS Gospel Library app? I have asked that question via feedback to both lds.org and ldsscriptures.org. But not a word in reply. Surely the good people at both places can see the value of it to serious scripture reading saints all over the world. It has improved my scripture study 1000%, and thus my lessons, and high council talks. It would be a tragedy for all that to just go away.
dauniika5

Post by dauniika5 »

Gutted...absolutely gutted. I paid for this app more than once bc nothing compared? All my notes, tags, references...gone! Buy WHY. Can't something be worked out? I treasure it all the more now but no updates...so disappointing.
dauniika5

Post by dauniika5 »

Actually, I suppose it is more disappointing the developers were on the wrong side of the law for their app to be shut down. However it happened I feel for them and thanks for that brilliant cutting edge app. Our faith gets tested, that's why we're here. Peace out!
dauniika5

Post by dauniika5 »

LOOK WHAT FOUND YAAHHHOOO!!!
Good news! We now have an official license agreement for using the Church's content and are working to get our apps back on the various App Stores as soon as possible with updated content. (no timeframe yet sorry!)

SOME BACK STORY: Some of you may have noticed our apps haven't been updated with the latest General Conference and manuals, and that you can no longer find our apps in the various App Stores. About six months ago we were named in a lawsuit (the Church was named in the same lawsuit as well), and to play it safe the Church asked us to stop selling our apps until things were resolved. The lawsuit has now been settled (none of us were at fault) and we have secured an official license from the Church to publish our apps with their content.

We hope you will continue to use and share our apps as you have in the past as we work hard to innovate and improve Scripture study for the LDS community.

I do not have a timeframe of when the app updates will be ready as we are still working on the programming changes. Thanks for your patience as we work hard on this and many things in the future!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dauniika5 wrote:LOOK WHAT FOUND YAAHHHOOO!!!
What dauniika5 is referring to is this link: http://ldsscriptures.com/support.html
About six months ago we were named in a lawsuit (the Church was named in the same lawsuit as well), and to play it safe the Church asked us to stop selling our apps until things were resolved.
Well, that's quite a bit different than what we thought happened.

dauniika5

Post by dauniika5 »

Oh yeah lol...Thanks :)

Return to “General Discussions”