Electronic Area Book App Access for Ward mission leaders

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
spencerlove

Re: Electronic Area Book App Access for Ward mission leaders

Post by spencerlove »

I heard from the missionaries that the ward mission leaders now have access to the mission area book for their area. I have been been asking for this for a while Can anyone confirm or deny? I have looked through my reports as ward mission leader and cannot see it.
spencermanning

Post by spencermanning »

I'm trying to figure out how to help our ward's mission leader to get access to the area book as well. When he tries to enter the page, it says access denied.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Just to make sure we're all on the same page: when you say Area Book, are you actually referring to the "Missionary Progress Record" which was linked in a previous post? Or are you referring to the actual online Area Book that missionaries use?

I admit I'm a bit of an old-timer so I don't know what (if any) difference there is between the "Missionary Progress Record" and the "Area Book" from a ward leader point-of-view. At least we didn't have to use rock and chisel to record our info back when I was a missionary (we had moved to parchment and quill pens by then...) :lol:
jaceshawniverson

Post by jaceshawniverson »

Not sure if you have found your answer yet, but here is the link you can follow to access the Area Book. https://areabook.churchofjesuschrist.org/
You have full access to the people your missionaries are teaching.

I do have a few suggestions for the area book to even better help WML in the work.
  • Link missionary planned lessons to a calendar platform (Google, Apple, etc)
  • Allow for reporting off the platform. (I would love to see who is teaching with the missionaries to not over burden the 'gung ho' members
  • Allow members to "sign-up" for lessons in a calendar type platform (this would help ward involvement significantly)
Don't think anyone at church development in Riverton looks at this, but maybe they will. Hopefully this helps.
jm856

Post by jm856 »

There is a large hole in the ward mission regarding inactive/lost members of our wards. There are good resources tracking the covenant path for new members but absolutely no tools for inactive/returning members. It feels to me that the pool of inactive members is so much larger than that of new members, so we would need similar tools for keeping track of contacts with these members. Is there a process for requesting the church create such a tool?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jm856 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:13 am Is there a process for requesting the church create such a tool?
There is the feedback link found at the bottom of most Church website pages. Due to the high volume of feedback messages there is seldom any response other than an automated receipt acknowledgement. Requests can also be passed up through the priesthood chain. Explain the suggestion to you bishop. He then passes it yo your stake president. He then passes it to the area authority and so on up the chain.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”