3D Print of LDS Temples (Redlands Temple)

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
HelamanJohnston

3D Print of LDS Temples (Redlands Temple)

Post by HelamanJohnston »

Hello, I am looking for 3D CAD file of the LDS temples. It doesn't matter what file type they are, unless they are in some random file type that can't be converted. My preferred file type of these files is "Autodesk Fusion 360 Archive Files (*.f3d)." I would love to get my hands on all the temples eventually but the one I am looking for in specific is the Redlands California Temple. I am willing to pay a little bit to get a good 3D CAD file of this temple if necessary. Just wondering if anyone happened to have it or is willing to sell it? I want to make a 3D print of it on my resin 3D printer. I am getting married in a little over a month and I wanted to 3D print a bunch of little Redlands Temples to be used as center pieces for the tables at my reception.

disclaimer: I have no idea if I am posting this in the correct spot because I have never posted here before.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: 3D Print of LDS Temples (Redlands Temple)

Post by lajackson »

I would be surprised if these files would be made available by the Church. I would suspect that they are proprietary and kept closely controlled.

Your best approach would probably be to contact the Temple Department architects and inquire if they might be willing to part with just the outside model. You might also be able to get there through the Building Department.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You could try contacting Brian Olson, a church member who makes 3D temple models:
http://3dtemples.photogent.com/saturday ... alifornia/
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hottosson

Post by hottosson »

Return to “General Discussions”