Online Temple scheduling

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
miriamcareybrown

Online Temple scheduling

Post by miriamcareybrown »

We recently had a regional conference where they talked about youth lining up around the block at 3 in the morning to do baptisms. There were so many, each youth only did two names. Our youth are very willing to sacrifice to do the work of the Lord, but maybe we could use their sacrifice more efficiently. If the temples could have online scheduling available on the ldstools app where you could see which times were available during the week and schedule a slot, perhaps the temples would get more baptisms done because youth would not line up to all go on the same day. I think this would help the adults as well.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Online Temple scheduling

Post by rmrichesjr »

Have you discussed that concern with your stake president? He's probably in the best position to get something to happen. Just to avoid possible misunderstanding, this is a user-to-user forum, not an official support/help request channel. There are a few Church employees and likely a few higher-level leaders who frequent the forums but not (as far as I'm aware) in an official capacity based on their jobs or callings.

Regarding scheduling of youth baptisms, for the Portland Oregon Temple, each ward schedules a date and time well in advance. Ward YM/YW leaders coordinate car pooling and enlisting adults to be there to assist.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Online Temple scheduling

Post by rmrichesjr »

By the way, I noticed this thread is in the 'LDS Media Library' area, which is intended to be specific to the LDS Media app. I will be moving the thread, probably to the General Discussions area unless I see a better fit between now and then.

Return to “General Discussions”