2010 Calendar

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

njcant1 wrote:Interesting to note that the General Young Women and General Relief Society meetings will be held the week following General Conference in 2010 rather than the week before Conference.
No they are not. The schedule that was posted is for Europe and South Africa. If you look at the US satellite calendar, you will see that the Young Women meeting and Relief Society meetings are the week before General Conference, just as has always been the case.

In Europe, Africa, and Asia, time zone differences make it impractical to show all these sessions live, so there is a delay for some sessions. Sometimes that delay is an entire week.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Alan_Brown wrote:No they are not. The schedule that was posted is for Europe and South Africa. If you look at the US satellite calendar, you will see that the Young Women meeting and Relief Society meetings are the week before General Conference, just as has always been the case.

In Europe, Africa, and Asia, time zone differences make it impractical to show all these sessions live, so there is a delay for some sessions. Sometimes that delay is an entire week.
Ah, I guess it helps to read the entire thing from the beginning. Sorry for jumping the gun... :(
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:The schedule that was posted is for Europe and South Africa.
Oops. I missed it as well. The European schedule is the same as it has always been, and I trust that the North American schedule will be as Alan says, since I have not yet seen it.

Oh, well. No new rumors this week. Sigh.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

There are the full documents for 2010 shedules.

I hope this will help all of us.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

MorettiDP wrote:There are the full documents for 2010 schedules.
Those are very helpful, thank you. Looking at the schedule for the US, Canada, and the Caribbean, the schedule has not changed for the General Young Women and Relief Society meetings. They are still held the week prior to general conference, as in the past.

The Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting in November is a change from the February date used previously.

And I notice that the CES Firesides are listed on two Sundays. This, perhaps, allows those of us in North America to use an alternate date a week later, since the broadcast is being transmitted to other parts of the world that same second weekend anyway.

Still, an interesting exercise in the accurate reading and dissemination of information.
cottrells

CES Fireside speakers 2010

Post by cottrells »

Has anyone seen a list of speakers for the 2010 CES Firesides?

I was expecting a list to be published at this URL http://institute.lds.org/firesides/ as was done last year. However I note that the site has not been updated since before Elder Bednar's talk in May 2009 and that there is a link to the CES Firesides Home in the Gospel Library where transcripts etc. for the May and September firesides have been posted.

The 2009 schedule is posted online at http://www.ldsces.org/memos/2008/Firesi ... 3).915.pdf. The properties of which suggest it was produced in September 2008.

Can you point me to the equivalent for 2010?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cottrells wrote:Has anyone seen a list of speakers for the 2010 CES Firesides?

No yet, but I think it will come when it is approved. The poster for the meetinghouse bulletin boards usually lists the names, as well.
cottrells

List of CES Fireside speakers 2010

Post by cottrells »

For those interested, our local CES supervisor has now passed onto me the following list.
  • January 10, 2010 - Elder Neil L. Andersen
  • March 7, 2010 - Elder Ronald A. Rasband
  • May 2, 2010 - President Thomas S. Monson
  • September 12, 2010 - Elder Richard G. Scott
  • November 7, 2010 - Elder M. Russell Ballard
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

cottrells wrote:For those interested, our local CES supervisor has now passed onto me the following list.
  • January 10, 2010 - Elder Neil L. Andersen
  • March 7, 2010 - Elder Ronald A. Rasband
  • May 2, 2010 - President Thomas S. Monson
  • September 12, 2010 - Elder Richard G. Scott
  • November 7, 2010 - Elder M. Russell Ballard
There will also be a CES broadcast with Pres. Eyring for all seminary and institute teachers Friday, February 26 (6pm Mountain)
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
zebraheart-p40

Post by zebraheart-p40 »

MorettiDP wrote:There are the full documents for 2010 shedules.

I hope this will help all of us.

Thx for the links...I lost mine :o)

Return to “General Discussions”