What is the Church Policy of Taking Photos of other peoples children and Posting them ONLINE?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
h3ath3rchristi3m0rris0n

What is the Church Policy of Taking Photos of other peoples children and Posting them ONLINE?

Post by h3ath3rchristi3m0rris0n »

What is the Church's Policy of taking photos of other peoples children without their permission and posting them online? My children's schools have me sign a waiver giving them permission to take photos of my child, and to post them online, on blogs or social media. I feel it is very respectful for the school to honor a parents wishes in this regards. I think the Church probably has a policy about this but I am not aware of it. Can someone please let me know?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What is the Church Policy of Taking Photos of other peoples children and Posting them ONLINE?

Post by russellhltn »

See item #6 at internet.lds.org.
6. Other people’s personal information must never be displayed. Images or videos of other people should not be displayed unless the individuals have given written consent. (See “Additional Resources” at the end of this page for an example of a permissions form.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”