Priests ordaining Deacons, Teachers, Priests

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
EricEdwin

Re: Priests ordaining Deacons, Teachers, Priests

Postby EricEdwin » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:29 am

D&C 20:48

jsorens6

Postby jsorens6 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:20 pm

mrallen1 wrote:A priest can ordain other priests using his aaronic priesthood. if a melchizedek priesthood holder ordains a priest he is technically using the aaronic priesthood. if a priest is in the circle, he could say "by the authority of the priesthood". Remember, John the Baptist said this when he ordained Joseph Smith: Upon you my fellow servants, in the name of Messiah, I confer the Priesthood of Aaron...

I like this and it would match verbiage used elsewhere.

acw39

Postby acw39 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:40 pm

When both a Melchizedek priesthood, and an Aaronic priesthood holder (priest) stand in the same circle for a priest ordination then the authority that is stated is by the priesthood. So for example by the authority of the priesthood we ordained you to the office of priest.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:23 pm

acw39 wrote:When both a Melchizedek priesthood, and an Aaronic priesthood holder (priest) stand in the same circle for a priest ordination then the authority that is stated is by the priesthood. So for example by the authority of the priesthood we ordained you to the office of priest.

That is one way of doing it. I have heard several other wordings that also work just fine.

stevedw48

Postby stevedw48 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:31 am

Ordaining using "I" or "We": If "We" is used, then wouldn't you list the names of all involved in that persons line of authority. I think "I" makes more sense.

Return to “General Discussions”