Standard Communication Platform

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jknacnud

Standard Communication Platform

Post by jknacnud »

I would love to see the church embrace or implement a standard global communications platform. There are many tools already out there (such as this phpBB forum software). In my own ward, communication channels are many and disjointed. Some prefer one form of communication, others have differing preferences. Many of the tools out there are good, but none of them are really, the best.

I have seen other people mention communications platforms. I have myself also tried to encourage the use of Slack, since I use it at work to great effect. It seems to be well suited to Ward/Stake communications. I know that the church is slow to adopt new technologies and slower to implement. With so much of communications being online these days, it seems like it would be a good idea to have a tool that everyone could standardize on.

Return to “General Discussions”