Keeping track - Protecting Children & Youth Training

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
michele.lee

Keeping track - Protecting Children & Youth Training

Post by michele.lee »

Will there be a way for the ward clerks or the individual secretaries from each organization to track who has and hasn't completed the Protecting Children & Youth training? I'm currently keeping track with a google spreadsheet, because I can't find anywhere to find out who has completed the training.
davesudweeks

Re: Keeping track - Protecting Children & Youth Training

Post by davesudweeks »

There was a report that appeared briefly on LCR. As ward clerk, I could see it, but it appeared to not be capturing the data correctly. I suspect they had problems with it so pulled the code to clean it up. I expect a report WILL be available. Who will have access to it when it is released again is still not fully known. We should be patient.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

It's back!
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

drepouille wrote:It's back!
Something has been changed. On the first release our ward had 63 members/leaders that were on the list. This release shows 74. I can't say what callings have been added. But an expiration column has been added - I think.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I did notice the the EQ Presidency and RS Presidency are on the list. I don't remember if they were there before. My wife is Stake Primary President so she took the training but it doesn't show at the ward level so I suspect there is a stake report for stake callings or they don't consider stake leaders needing it is their primary role is not to work with the children. I didn't see any Seminary teachers on our list so there may be a separate Stake report for them (unless theirs is covered in the Seminary program). I took it as well but am not on the report (I am ward clerk and took it so I could help others - I didn't expect to see my name on the report).

Our Ward Primary President took it immediately when it was released and she shows as not having taken it - I will advise her to provide feedback and if that doesn't work to take it again.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I verified last evening that bishop counselors could see the report - they could not see it the first time it was released. I have not had a chance to check with anyone else in our ward.
nsnoy

Post by nsnoy »

My wife is primary president and can't see the report. It seems like it would be helpful for the primary president to have access.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nsnoy wrote:It seems like it would be helpful for the primary president to have access.
That suggestion may be submitted via feedback if you wish to have it considered by those who make those decisions. (This us a user-to-user help forum.)
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

nsnoy wrote:My wife is primary president and can't see the report. It seems like it would be helpful for the primary president to have access.
Your clerk can provide it filtered to just the Primary organization. No, it isn't self-help, but it isn't a huge deal. I handed each organization their reports today in ward council.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

davesudweeks wrote:I handed each organization their reports today in ward council.
Ha! So did I! The bishopric had a perfect report, of course.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “General Discussions”