Way to grant visibility of ministering assignments

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
caldjeff

Way to grant visibility of ministering assignments

Post by caldjeff »

I serve as EQP, but have a number of people in other roles who are overseeing certain groups of people in the ward. Is there a way I can allow them to see ministering assignments in Tools/Website without making them a Secretary in the quorum? For example, we have a senior living center in our ward with a large number of members. We have a couple that has responsibilities there for meetings, etc. They are in close contact with the members regularly. They often (multiple times weekly) find that somebody is in need of a blessing or other assistance from Priesthood brethren and each time, they have to call me to find out who the person's Ministering Brothers are and I usually end up looking it up and reaching out to the correct Elders. This couple would love to be able to bypass that call to me and reach out directly to the assigned brethren, but there is no way that I can find for them to have visibility of ministering assignments.

Does anybody have any insight or workarounds that I might be able to use? This is only one scenario and I have a couple of others that would benefit from an ability to grant a "role" that allows visibility of all ministering assignments.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Way to grant visibility of ministering assignments

Post by russellhltn »

caldjeff wrote:Is there a way I can allow them to see ministering assignments in Tools/Website without making them a Secretary in the quorum?
The only way to give them access is for them to hold a calling that grants access. Everything is based on the Handbook.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”