Bill Pay through Huntington bank

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Danalane88

Bill Pay through Huntington bank

Post by Danalane88 »

Hi there! Thank you to anyone who's here to help!! :) I want to pay my tithing directly from my account. I am through huntington and they have a The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints account that I can pay to. I asked my Branch President he said he just preferred it paid by check. But it doesn't come out promptly enough for me, and I've been paying for stamps and for a money order BUT I'm hoping to find out how I can use bill pay through my bank to pay my tithing. :roll: :?: :? :? . :D :D PLEASE HELP if anyone has any expertise. I'll probably have to call the Church but I came here first. Thanks in advance!!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Bill Pay through Huntington bank

Post by rmrichesjr »

Another option, depending on which country you live in, may be to donate online. Online donations are available in the US. To get started, go here: https://donations.churchofjesuschrist.o ... tion/step1
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Danalane88 wrote:if anyone has any expertise. I'll probably have to call the Church but I came here first. Thanks in advance!!
Your first stop should be your ward or branch clerk. They are first-tier tech support. If they cannot answer or assist, they can reach out to the stake/district clerk for assistance. They should know what donation options are available in your area. Keep in mind that if you donate online, it takes a few days for the transaction to complete - most of the delay is on the bank's side of the equation. Your tithing is recorded by the church as soon as you donate, but it might be 3 or 4 days before the money is actually transferred out of your account.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If you use bill pay through your bank, they will need to mail a check to the branch president's home. He then has to keep track of that and bring it to the church on Sunday so that it can be processed with the rest of the donations. Someone also has to fill out a donation slip when the check is process, so you have created more work for the bishopric member and clerk who are processing the donation.

You can set up direct payments to the Church by going to https://donations.churchofjesuschrist.org/.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I once mailed a donation to the bishop's home. It was never recorded, and I didn't notice it was missing until the following year.

What happens when the bishop/BP is released?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “General Discussions”