Setting Meeting Times

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tmcgregor wrote:I serve in a university single student ward and I don't understand why our ward website meeting time listing must be sourced from the MLS or why it takes weeks for it to change after we make the change:confused:? Because our student wards frequently combine between semester breaks and during the summer we need to be able to affect changes quickly. How about a little more administrative privilege? The additional meeting time field updates immediately when the field is submitted by the administrator but trying to change the posted time that is pulled from the MLS is really frustrating.
The link between MLS and LUWS for meeting times still seems to be sketchy (we had two that CHQ had to manually set just last month after repeated MLS trys).

We use the additional meeting time field at LUWS to note the correct meeting times during the interim period between the MLS Send/Receive and the actual LUWS update. We have had too many people come at the wrong times because of it.

In our case, the wrong meeting time often means the wrong language, as well, so this is a particular concern of ours.

While the interface is frustrating, at least the Admin can still post the correct times at the LUWS. It does look tacky when we have to do this, though, so we usually post the cause of the discrepancy with the correct time.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tmcgregor wrote:How about a little more administrative privilege? The additional meeting time field updates immediately when the field is submitted by the administrator but trying to change the posted time that is pulled from the MLS is really frustrating.
I understand the frustration, but it's important to understand that meeting times are displayed far more places than just the local unit web site. Meeting times are propagated to CDOL, to maps.lds.org, and probably a few other places.

Return to “General Discussions”