Virtual best practices during quarantine

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Virtual best practices during quarantine

Post by lajackson »

wrigjef wrote:The 40 minute limit is for free accounts.
Oh, yes. I am well aware that you can pay to avoid the free time restriction.

Then again, I have often felt that 40 minutes is more than enough for most meetings. [grin]
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Our primary music leader started doing a version of the masked singer with some of the leaders being singers of primary songs Along with clues. She edits the video and posts it on the ward Facebook page.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Our Area Presidency has allowed (actually encouraged) using technology during this time. Variations abound in what each unit needs, and what each unit feels comfortable doing. My congregation's implementation has been a simple Zoom worship service each Sunday, with a single speaker book-ended by congregational hymns (everyone muted, words and music shared on-screen). OK, actually two worship services, one in English followed by another in Spanish, due to our mixed congregation! We were instructed to not include anything regarding the sacrament ordinance in our virtual service, and to ensure members understood they could choose to just have their own home-centered worship service, or just attend the virtual service, or do both.

Our members have also self-organized into a twice-a-week Zoom "Come Follow Me" study group (again, actually two study groups, one in English and the other in Spanish). Primary has twice-a-month Zoom activities that are well attended. RS does twice-a-month Sunday Zoom meetings (again, separate English and Spanish), EQ nothing. Our Youth have been having weekly Zoom activities, which at first were fairly successful, but our Youth are losing interest and we are anxiously awaiting the ability to have any kind of limited and responsible in-person youth activities. We also had a Mission Prep course via Zoom, which was great multi-week experience for our older youth and RM's (it overlapped with our missionary who was at-home quarantined after returning from Mexico, but could still participate virtually).

I wouldn't say any of what we're doing is "best practices", but I would say that it has been helpful for our specific needs.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

We are just starting. We have had one full worship service. We had congregational music, everyone muted, words and music, we had three speakers, announcements , business and yes we did have a 5 min pause for sacrament.

How about specific zoom activities?

Return to “General Discussions”