Priesthood Ordination Records

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
f253880

Priesthood Ordination Records

Post by f253880 »

My son is on a mission in Manchester, New Hampshire. They had a Catholic Priest who was converted and recently baptized in the ward he was serving in ([Member name removed] - Burlington Vermont). He had asked my son to see about getting a priesthood lineage record from my son Elder {full name removed] who performed his ordination to the Melchizedek priesthood. He wants the priesthood ordination record from my son, going all the way back to Joseph Smith (Joseph Smith receiving the Melchizedek priesthood from Peter, James & John). He has seen other members display this special ordination record within their homes and would like a copy of his record dating back to Joseph Smith. How do you go about getting this record? Please advise, and thank you for your assistance.
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Priesthood Ordination Records

Post by russellhltn »

Please see Request a Priesthood Line of Authority in the Help Center.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BobMortensen

Post by BobMortensen »

I would like to print out my Priesthood Ordination Records.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Your ward clerk can provide you a copy of your Individual Ordinance Summary. Most of your ordinance information is also available to you in the Member Tools app and in the Directory on ChurchOfJesusChrist.org. However, neither one provides a easy way to print that information in an easily readable format (at least not one I know of). So if you want a printed format you'll probably want to ask your ward clerk or membership clerk.

Return to “General Discussions”